Happy Wednesday! We’re officially one week out from my birthday (woo!) and I can tell you one thing – I’m not in the place I thought I’d be by 31. Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing, but the plan I had in my 30th year just didn’t work out. Like most things in life, am I right?
While 2018 was a difficult year, it was also a wonderful year. Today I’m challenging myself with 30 things I’m grateful for in my 30th year as I approach my 31st. I hope you’ll join me in the comments and tell me a thing or two that you’re grateful for as well!
So, in no particular order…
- Finding my wedding dress with some of my favorite people.
- Changing our wedding location – even though we were super sad, it was probably one of the best decisions we made.
- Ben’s health – I watched him deteriorate before my eyes and it was super scary. So happy he’s on the up and up.
- Cora – always. She makes me happy every single day.
- Reigniting an old friendship with my best friend growing up. I thought the friendship was gone forever and I’m so glad that it’s not.
- Finding amazing jewelry cleaner (seriously, I’ve never had “nice” jewelry before and no one could clean my ring the way I wanted!)
- Podcasts that get me through my commute.
- Finding a naturopathic doctor that helped me start my healing journey.
- All of my coaching with four different coaches. While I made a lot of those decisions without thinking about money (so I’m figuring that out now…) they still were amazing moments to have.
- Traveling to Harry Potter World and to see Ben’s grandparents for my 30th birthday.
- Traveling to Colorado and feeling so much peace.
- Starting my podcast!
- Reigniting my fire with my blog and YouTube channel.
- Traveling to Arizona by myself for a conference that I absolutely loved!
- Getting a new job!
- Finding out that working out to the point of pure exhaustion was no longer worth my time. I miss working out, but I don’t miss pushing myself into pain constantly because I wasn’t listening to my body.
- To continue with that one … I feel like in my 30th year, I really became more in-tune with my body. I’m not all the way there yet, but I’ve done quite a bit.
- I’m grateful for the hard times Ben and I have endured in the last year. While they weren’t pleasant as we went through them, we’re so much stronger now and we focus on continuing to strengthen our relationship.
- Therapy, therapy, therapy. ❤️
- Moving over most of my products to non-toxic ones. Ben and I are on a rampage – from a Berkey filter to organic chapstick to organic food to non-toxic beauty/skincare with Beautycounter, every little bit helps.
- My Apple AirPods – seriously. They’ve changed my life, particularly during my commute.
- Our apartment has been life-changing. There’s so much natural light, the building is safe and secure and we just absolutely love it here.
- My social media client! I’ve doubled her following on Instagram in just a few months and she has so much engagement. I can’t wait to keep working with her throughout the year.
- Reading a ton more. This has been just in the past few months, but I love getting back to my book worm side.
- Our photographer and our engagement photos. 😍Ben and I were going through a hard time during those and you’d be amazed how much that one hour brought us closer together!
- Continuing on my gluten-free diet. In my 30th year, I became even more strict with the diet and have only eaten gluten on accident. I don’t miss it (usually) and I love how much it’s helped. Now, in my 31st year – to find out what else is messing with my health!
- Walking to work. I’m sad that I can’t do it during the winter as much, but it was something I really pushed into my life in my 30th year and it made me so happy. That hour of time by myself, with my podcasts really set me up for the day!
- Journaling almost every day has made such a difference in my life. I love to write, plus I think a lot, so getting things out on paper has been life-changing.
- I almost forgot one of the most life-changing ones yet – MEDITATION! Seriously, 10-minutes of meditation a day has changed me in SO many ways – all positive.
- Making myself a priority.
And those are my 30! Make sure to tell me what you’re grateful for in the comments below!