I have been the queen of making myself uncomfortable this year by pushing for the things that I deserve.
– I’m naturally more of a passive person, but have been pushing myself to be more assertive (not aggressive – there’s a difference).
– Figuring out what I deserve in life and work. Standing up for myself and what I want has been difficult for me at times, but I’m pushing myself to keep on with it.
– Letting go of some people that didn’t have my best interest in mind. It’s been lonely sometimes, but I’d rather have a few really amazing friends than a lot of fake ones.
– Working out and getting back in the swing of being healthy. (Though I could use a kick in the butt for this one.)
– Learning how to be alone. I’m an extrovert to the max and get my energy from being around other people. But sometimes it’s better to be around myself, figure out what I need and don’t let people walk all over me. But, then again, I’ll jump at pretty much any chance to get lunch with Saige or Skype with Michelle.
– Being single. As weird as this sounds, this past 1.5 years has been the longest I’ve been single since 4th grade. Not kidding. I’ve always had a boyfriend, but I needed some time to figure out me, what I want and what I deserve. I’ve gotten into some relationships that brought me down, so I feel like the time figuring out me was important for a future relationship that’ll come along someday.
– And finally, it was learning to love myself. I make stupid jokes. I like Harry Potter (A LOT). I love wearing shirts with funny sayings on them. I’m horrible at remembering phrases and quotes, so I’ll probably mess it up. I’m very girly, but curse like a sailor. All of my little quirks make up who I am and I’m not letting anyone try to change/hold that back anymore. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable still, but I’ll keep pushing that feeling until it’s no longer uncomfortable.
More “Blog Everyday in July” Blogs:
Day 2: Guilty Pleasures
What do you do to get out of your comfort zone?