Guyyyyyys. I do SO well for a few days and then BAM, life hits and I’m unable to blog. I made an impromptu trip to Milwaukee on Friday night for less than 12-hours and then drove my friend’s dog back up to Green Bay. Then (after a nap) I drove up to my parent’s house to hang out with them. Sunday I saw Gone Girl with a friend, did some damage at Target and nursed a migraine. Oh, and I put up some Halloween decorations even though I hate Halloween. And drank some coffee.
Now, to catch up on the #Blogtober14 challenge that I’m behind on!
Day 4’s prompt was, “My Favorite Instagram.” Well, I love Instagram. So much that I have two accounts (Jessie Deschane and JustJessie_TIU). This was realllllly hard and I have some funny and great pictures
that you should go and check out, but since I love San Francisco so much, we’ll go with this one from a couple of years ago.
Day 5’s prompt was, “Fall Bucket List.” I don’t really have a bucket list, but here’s a few things I’d like to get done in the next few months.
Put up Fall/Halloween decor (did this yesterday)
– Don’t freeze to death
– Go to lotsa Packer games
– Lose 5 lbs by Thanksgiving (down one this week – I’m on a roll!)
– Host some pretty awesome events at work
Get a dark, autumn nail polish (got a deep cranberry red one yesterday for $3!)
– Go outside as much as possible before it ACTUALLY gets cold
And now, onto today! Today’s prompt is, “Things I wish I would’ve told myself when I started blogging.”
Well, since I still consider myself a VERY newbie blogger, I’ll put some things I’m struggling with below and/or things I’m starting to figure out.
1) Sometimes you will have to make time to blog. While I love blogging and love writing, sometimes it still has to take the backburner to the rest of my crazy busy life. But since I do love it so much, I’m still learning how to consider it a priority, even though that’s hard sometimes
2) You’re going to be VERY excited the first time you get a comment that’s not from your mom, best friend or some other relation. Ok, you’re ALWAYS going to be excited when you get a comment from someone new.
3) Blogging is fun and leads to other ideas you might enjoy, like YouTube. TRY IT. Same thing with blogging – it can’t work out if you never try. (This is something I’m currently working on, so don’t mind the self-help.)
4) People may not think your blog is important and/or may not be supportive, and that’s ok. I had some previous co-workers and family poke fun at my old blog’s name and, even though I’m sure they meant it in good fun, it still irritated me. They couldn’t seem to get past the title and then didn’t take my blog seriously. I had intended on changing the name anyway, but it stopped me from really involving them in any decisions or fun facts about my new blog because I just didn’t want to get any negativity. I’m learning now that negativity AND positivity come with blogging/anything in life. Just smile, nod and keep on, keepin’ on. It’s your blog, your life and your creativity – do with it as you please.
5) Always keep learning! I’m excited to read some of the other bloggers’ posts in #Blogtober14 to find out what their ideas are so I can make my blog better. I love learning new things and ways to get more people interested in reading along.
That’s it for me today. Thanks for stopping by!
Do you have any advice to bloggers out there or things you wish you would’ve done differently (if you have a blog)? Or, what’s your favorite type of photos to post on Instagram?