I’m a very superstitious person, for some weird reason. I mean, I could be worse but sometimes I even drive myself nuts with how superstitious I get.
I’m the worst when it comes to the Green Bay Packers. For example:
– Whatever I’m wearing when they lose will never be worn again (during a gameday) during that season.
– If I’m watching the game from home, I have to have my Packer blanket … even if it’s hot out.
– I won’t put anything up on social media until during or after the game. Even then, I rarely put anything about them winning because I’m afraid I’ll jinx them for next time.
– I won’t wear any of the opposing team’s colors. Yes, underwear and hair ties count.
– You can bet your butts that I will cross all my fingers and close my eyes when they are in a really close game and going for a touchdown.
Besides the Packers, I can be superstitious about other things. I feel like I shouldn’t be admitting to these things, but …
– For some reason, I think if I daydream about something too much, it won’t happen. Which is rough, because I’m naturally a daydreamer. For example, if I think, “Oh, that guy is cute. I really like him. Maybe we’ll go on a date. Maybe we would go for coffee on our date and talk about the Packers. Maybe we’ll get married someday … WHOA, JESSIE BRAIN STOP! It won’t happen if you think it. Stop Stop STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.” (<— There’s an internal monologue for ya.) So basically any time I’m interested in someone, I won’t let myself get all “daydreamy” like most girls are in the beginning because I’m afraid I’ll mess it up. However, my superstition is starting to change. Since that hasn’t been working for me (hello, two years single), I’ve now decided that maybe letting myself daydream isn’t a bad thing. The jury is still out on that decision.
– Here’s another one for you. When I was interviewing for my job, I refused to look for apartments until I knew I had the job. I mean, I did a bit of online searching and had my mom drive around a few places, but after about 10 minutes, I told her to stop because I was afraid to jinx myself and not get the job.
After reading this post, I realize that I’m a weird, weird, weird person and should never announce that to the internet … but I’m gonna anyway.
I’ll continue to blame the cold meds for the strange things coming out of my mouth (and on this blog) for the next few days. 🙂
Are you superstitious about anything? How many of you think I’m completely bat shi* crazy after reading this? I wouldn’t blame you.
Want to see more of my post from this challenge?
Day 1: What would you do if you won the lottery?
Day 2: Dream job when you were little/what it is now
Day 3: One thing you can’t live without
Day 4, 5, 6: Favorite Instagram photo, fall bucket list and blogging tips
Day 7: Best Vacation
Day 8: Letter to yourself in 10 years
Day 9: Best or Worst Halloween Memory #TBT
Day 10: I never thought blogging would…
Day 13: Fall Recipe
Day 15: Favorite Quote
Day 16: Fall Fashion
Day 17: Expertise
Day 18: Secrets
Day 19: What makes you happy
Day 20-24: Biggest Fear, Dream Vacation, Pet Peeves, Instagram Tools & Beauty Products