So, today’s prompt is hard for me (#tyss) and I don’t know if it’s a good or bad thing. I honestly can’t think of the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to me! Maybe it’s because I blocked it out of my memory? Who knows.
I tend to do and say stupid things a lot, but I’m not really embarrassed about it. Well, that’s a lie. I’m embarrassed “in the moment” but then realize it doesn’t matter and I’m over it about 10 seconds later. I’m one of those people that lets things fly out of my mouth before I think about what I’m saying, so I sometimes get the blank stares from people wondering what the hell just came out of my mouth. Oh, word vomit. We’re good friends. Anyone else like this?
The one problem with being me (there are many) (just kidding, I like being me) is that I’m a blusher. I blush when I’m nervous, hot, happy, scared, embarrassed, excited, etc. It can be super annoying because I assume people are thinking that I’m embarrassed about something which then actually MAKES ME EMBARRASSED. It’s a horrible cycle, really.
Since I can’t think an all-time crazy bad embarrassing moment, I’ll just tell you a few of the slightly embarrassing things (also known as “blonde moments”) I’ve gotten myself into in the recent past.
– I asked my co-worker why they don’t heat the hockey arena. (IT’S AN ICE RINK, JESSIE.) He still hasn’t let that one go.
– I almost had a heart attack when I saw a fake goose statue by my office building because I thought it was real. My co-worker almost died laughing because she had JUST told me that they had moved it there and I somehow forgot within the 10-minute walk to lunch.
– I almost fell down the stairs when running around my office like a freak looking for lists for a colleague because I thought he was handsome. *facepalm*
– I was late for work and called the emergency maintenance guy over to my apartment because I couldn’t get my garage door to open. Apparently all you had to do was unlock it and pull the string. Whoops.
– I blurted out, “If you’re ever looking for a date, you just let me know” to someone I was interested in as he walked out the door. (I’m actually kind of proud of that one. Ha.)
– I “favorited” a colleague on Match.com because I was too chicken to say anything to his face. Then he showed up to one of my events a few days later and I had to pretend that never happened.
What’s your most embarrassing moment?
Want to see more of my post from this challenge?
Day 1: What would you do if you won the lottery?
Day 2: Dream job when you were little/what it is now
Day 3: One thing you can’t live without
Day 4, 5, 6: Favorite Instagram photo, fall bucket list and blogging tips
Day 7: Best Vacation
Day 8: Letter to yourself in 10 years
Day 9: Best or Worst Halloween Memory #TBT
Day 10: I never thought blogging would…
Day 13: Fall Recipe
Day 15: Favorite Quote
Day 16: Fall Fashion
Day 17: Expertise
Day 18: Secrets
Day 19: What makes you happy
Day 20-24: Biggest Fear, Dream Vacation, Pet Peeves, Instagram Tools & Beauty Products
Day 28: Superstition