Well, would you look at that! The wonderful KatiAnne over at Raindrops on Roses nomintated me for a Liebster award. Thanks, lady!
I know the Liebster award has been around for awhile, but I still think it’s fun to take part in showing other bloggers love. And, of course, I don’t mind when other show me love! 🙂 The last time I did one of these was awhile back, which you can check out here. Here are the rules once you’ve been nominated:
Link back to the blog who nominated you
Answer all of their questions
Write 11 facts about yourself
Link 11 blogs with less than 200 followers on the social media platform of your liking, and provide a link to your post so that they know where to go/ what to do.
Ask 11 questions for the blogs you nominate to answer
Well, we all know I like lists/fun facts, so here are 11 facts about me that you may or may not already know!
- I’m 5’1″ (and a quarter) and I love it. The only time it’s difficult is when you can’t reach the vodka in your cupboard or the first time you hug your 6’4″ date.
- I have serious dog fever. Some women have baby fever … not me. I want ALL THE DOGS. And whenever I see one I will completely forget what I’m doing and stare at the dog. No shame.
- I was in a social group in college called the Untouchables. It doesn’t make sense to many, but basically my alma mater allows “social groups” as well as sororities and fraternities. So basically I was in a group of wonderful women who shaped my life, but I didn’t have to pay astronomical amounts of money to be in Greek life. Nothing against the greeks – just wasn’t my cup o’ tea.
- I’m quite possibly the most anxious Packer football watcher you’ll ever see.
- I’m allergic or intolerant to at least one food, but I’m too lazy to try to figure out which one. The only time I care is when my stomach bloats to beach ball status.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to Mountain Dew.
- When I was growing up I always said that I was never going to get married or have kids. Now that I’m almost 27, I’ve completely changed my mind on the marriage one (though I’m still currently single so not anytime soon) and I’m starting to warm up to kids. We’ll see. I’ve kept my cat alive for two years, so I might be able to keep a child alive.
- I’m one of those people that can never lie because the way I’m feeling is written all over my face.
- One of my best friend’s names is Saige and I think it’s the coolest name ever.
- I have a serious Backstreet Boys obsession still.
- My favorite color is red. Power color!
And here are my questions from KatiAnne!
Why did you start your blog?
I had a blog a few years ago, but I ended up wanting to move away from the name of it. This last year I finally changed it over to Just Jessie and my beautiful friend, Laura, designed it for me. Honestly, the biggest reason I blog is because I love to write and I love to read other blogs. After all this time, I still feel like I have no idea what I’m doing, but it’s fun!
Does your name have any special meaning / why did you choose it?
I know KatiAnne is talking about the name of my blog here, but I have to explain my actual name to explain my blog name. Basically, my name is not Jessica … it’s just Jessie. People don’t believe me for some reason, so I’m constantly introducing myself as, “Nope, not Jessica … just Jessie.” You can read more about that here.
What is your holy grail beauty item?
Oooh, this is tough. I’m super low maintenance and know pretty much nothing about beauty products. With that said, I’d probably say either my hair straightener or curling wand if that counts. My hair has a mind of it’s own, so I need to be able to tame it.
Any hobbies outside of blogging, if so what?
Going to Packer games
Watching too much YouTube
Any tips for fellow bloggers out there?
Well, since I’m still a newbie, I’ll just say to keep going with what you love. Everyone does there own thing which is what makes reading blogs so fun. It’d be boring to read blogs if they were all talking about the same thing and in the same voice. Be your own person/blog.
What is the number one biggest lesson you have learned since you began your blog?
Ummmm, get someone to design it. As much as content is important, I like looking at pretty things (just being honest). Oh, and try to size your pictures close to the same size.
Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
WHOA, tough questions! I don’t even know what I’m doing tomorrow, let alone in 20 years haha. Mainly, I just want to be happy doing whatever I’m doing. That’s most important.
What is your guilty pleasure/pleasures?
Vampire Diaries, Chipotle and frozen yogurt. Oh, and chips and salsa.
Who inspires you?
Tough question. Depends on what I’m doing. I’m inspired by my friends a lot who go after what they want. Two of my friends in particular (Saige and Michelle) have always inspired me as well as been there for me when no one else was.
What is your number one favorite book?
I love all of the Harry Potter books, so I’ll just say that entire series. #potterhead
What is your favorite blog post you have ever written?
I like to say that all of my posts are my favorite, but I did really enjoy when I got to finally tell everyone I am going to Ireland!
I nominate (based off of Bloglovin’ followers)
Starting Over Sweaty
A Healthy Passion
Just a One Girl Revolution
Olive Does The City
Skinny Fat Life
XO, Katelynn (whose blogs I miss!)
Alex Tries It Out
The F Bombs
- If you were able to choose your last meal ever, what would it be?
- What would you do if you won the lottery or a whole bunch of money with no strings attached?
- What made you decide to start (and keep up) your blog?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- Favorite place you’ve traveled and why.
- What post are you most proud of writing?
- What is your favorite form of exercise or what do you do to keep your body active?
- Biggest celebrity crush?
- What is your favorite part about blogging?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- What are you happiest with in your life right now?