(Late) Weekend Recap #11

Happy Tuesday, friends!

I had part of this written up on Sunday night, but then I had a HUGE event for work yesterday and never got around to finishing it. So here’s my long weekend recap, a day late. Linking up with Katie!

I’ll start with Thursday since I was MIA on Friday as well due to a late night on Thursday night. I had a happy hour event at Fox Heights on Thursday night that went super well! Lots of engagement with our alumni and a fun time.

Fox Heights

After the event, I stayed out with some people to watch a NHL hockey game (I’m learning!) and ended up staying out a bit later than usual. This grandma was tired on Friday!

Friday was a lonnnng day at work because I had to get ready for my big event on Monday as well as clean up all of my stuff from Thursday’s event. I went home after work, ate and then had a nice little phone date with my friend Saige before heading to the gym.

Friday Night

P.S. Random side note – I am SO BRUISED. My legs look disgusting. Does anyone else get really bruised up working out? I don’t feel like I’m slamming the weights against my legs, but damn.

Anyways, Saturday morning came a little earlier than I’d like since I had to work.

Saturday Morning

I went into work until about 1 and came home and took a two hour nap. I am NOT a napper, so if I’m taking a nap, you know I’m worn out.

After my nap, I met up with my friend Brooke to go shopping at the mall and then we headed over to Margaritas for dinner. Well, “dinner” ended up being two large margaritas and a ton of chips and salsa. And then we met up with some other people (I’m so good at vague) for the rest of the night. And it was a very good night. So good, in fact, that I am not showing you any of the pictures for fear of 1) Brooke killing me and 2) … let’s just say that I don’t go out very often anymore, mmkay?


Just kidding, I’m not ashamed. I had an awesome night, but I was definitely feeling it on Sunday morning!

After a quick morning nap, I drove up to my parents house to hang out for Mother’s Day for a bit before heading back to get everything all set for my big event on Monday and taking a break in the steam room at the gym. I had a quick movie night and then was off to bed for me.

Monday started out wayyyyyy earlier than my body was ready for after a long weekend. I got to campus around 6:30 a.m. and we were off to Lake Geneva, Wis. for our alumni golf outing by 7 a.m. It rained for a bit during the day, but luckily it let up and my coworker and I were able to ride around in the golf cart to take pictures. I’m just proud of myself for not falling out of the damn golf cart.


We got home Monday night around 9:30 p.m. and I was beat. I don’t even remember putting my pajamas on, but I was out like a light. I was supposed to get up this morning and workout, but that obviously did not happen. This did, though!

Packer Shirt

An obvious add-on to my Packer closet for the 2016-17 season. 🙂

And that was my very ALL over the place “long” weekend. I’m feeling great today (mostly because I finally got some sleep and my 6-weeks of crazy events are over), so I’m excited to get back into the event planning stage. Did I mention I love my job?

Also, I need to kick it back into gear for this Tone It Up bikini series. I’m pretty sure after all the alcohol and happy hour food I’ve had in the last few days, I’ve gained back all the weight I lost doing AdvoCare. Whooooopsie. 😉

I hope you all had an amazing weekend! Was there anything fun and memorable about your weekend?


    • Jessie says:

      Thanks, Carissa! I got some much needed sleep last night and I feel like a normal human today. That’s always a good thing 🙂

    • Jessie says:

      YES, I’m exactly the same way! And let me tell you … the last two weeks have been me teetering on the edge of a mental breakdown. Luckily I made it out with only a couple of crazy spurts. 😉

Comments are closed.