A Work-Filled Weekend Recap

Hey friends! I don’t have a *ton* to talk about for this weekend recap because well, to be honest, I didn’t really get a weekend! 60-hour work week for this girl! But that’s all right. (:

(I’m on post-workout high this morning so I’m sure by noon today I’ll be feeling differently.)

Let’s start with Friday. It was a longggggg Friday because it was the first full Friday I’ve worked in weeks due to our summer scheduling. Thankfully that’s my last long Friday for the rest of the summer! Yayyyyy working for a college. Oh, and I found this little tidbit below on Friday and while it doesn’t really relate to this post, I’m putting it in. I’ve basically said “no” to every guy that’s asked me out lately (which, okay, has been like two) because I’m just over it right now. Is that weird? I mean, I’d love to date someone, but you have to be pretty spectacular for me to even go on a date with you. If I have any doubt, then I’m not gonna. #thisisprobablywhyi’msingle

Boyfriend

Anyways, I’m getting off topic. So Friday I worked my full 8-4:30 shift and then headed to the gym to close (5-9:15 p.m.). I read some Harry Potter, talked to some members and then left for the night and went to bed. Party animal, this one.

Saturday I got up bright and early for my third shift at the gym for the week – 6:30 a.m. – 3 ish p.m. (depending when the members leave) I got myself a Dunkin Donuts coffee, though!

Work Day

After a lonnnnnng day that seemed to drag on, I left and went for a walk. Not before obviously taking a picture of myself because I feel like I’m starting to get baby muscles and I’m excited about it.

Selfie

De Pere

The rest of the night I watched a ton of YouTube, played on my phone and went to bed early. Again, parrrrrtayyyyy. Wanna know why? Because I had to work another 6:30 – 3 shift on Sunday. Remind me again why I picked up so many hours?

I sat around at the front desk, talked to members, did work (obviously), read the ENTIRE Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban book (not kidding – cover to cover) and pointed the space heater right at my face (and my Quest bar).

Space Quest

Thankfully Sunday went by a little quicker and I ended my night watching YouTube videos and Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban. I think that might be one of my favorites, mostly because Sirius is my favorite character and I want to pretend he’s still alive.

Sunday Funday

Oh and I got a PB Cookie Dough Smash blizzard from DQ and HOLY CRAP it was good. Major stomach ache this morning, though. Nice job, Jess.

And now we’re on to Monday – WOOHOO! Somehow I got my butt out of bed this morning and went to the gym. I was SO all over the place, though! I brought the wrong shoes so I can’t wear my  belt because they don’t match (#girlproblems), forgot my breakfast (so got a probably 500 calories smoothie at the gym), couldn’t get my headphones to work, had a reallllly bad stomach ache, FORGOT stuff in my car … oh my gosh, it was quite the morning. But I did it and had a pretty successful leg/bootay day! Lotsa squats and deadlifts and other things that I’m probably doing wrong. I having margaritas and chips/salsa and who knows what else tonight with one of my favorite friends that I never see anymore, so I had to get something in.

Linking up with Katie!

How was your weekend?
Do you ever have mornings like me? I’m hoping I’m not the only crazy spastic one on Monday mornings.

I had great intentions of running this morning before sitting at the computer, but it didn’t quite happen. Now I need to apply for 5 jobs and update things for pageant practice tonight (yep, i’m a pageant director).
    Katie recently posted…Chance Chat #30: RoyalMy Profile

2. Jordyn says:

I love mornings and I am usually the most put together in the morning-however I definitely still have those crazy rushed mornings where the whole world just seems chaotic! It sounds like you had a super busy working weekend, you’re a hard worker girl!
    Jordyn recently posted…Casual SundayMy Profile

I appreciate that, Jordyn! 🙂 I’m trying to become a morning person, but my head was just not attached to my body today haha!

Just think of all that money once you get your paycheck! Otherwise it sounds like a pretty laid back weekend. I would be pretty spastic in the mornings if I didn’t physically set everything out that I need to bring with me! If it’s not right by my purse, I’ll forget it. Haha
    Megan recently posted…weekend– brewery, benson & house hunting.My Profile

I know! It’s gonna be a gooooood paycheck. 🙂 The funny thing is, I did have everything set out. I just couldn’t find it in my bag, then my bag tipped over, omg it was just craziness!

4. Samantha says:

That is exactly how I feel about dating! Being single and over 25 here is hard! I love reading your updates. Thanks for sharing!

It is SO hard! So is making friends once you’re out of college. I was just talking to my co-worker about this. Thanks for reading, lady!

I’m pretty impressed that you wake up early for the gym in the mornings! Granted, I have to be to work by 6:45 and drive 30 minutes to get there so the gym NEVER happens, I think I’d still have a hard time even if I had a later start time! but it’s probably not nearly as busy in the mornings so maybe it makes it worth it! I definitely have mornings like you! Once one thing goes wrong, all things go wrong! I’m usually put together on work mornings cause my routine is the same every day, but if I have to do something else in the morning, it’s usually a shit show. Well, enjoy your day at work! Hopefully you make it through okay since you had such a busy weekend! I don’t know how you work that much! I think I’d just get a roommate!
    Liz recently posted…More Pregnancy WoesMy Profile

Well, thank you Liz! I have a serious eye twitch today from lack of sleep, so we’ll see how it goes. 😉 And HOLY CRAP! If I had to be up as early as you, I couldn’t do it. Luckily I have to be to work by 8 and my gym is about 10-minutes from work, so it’s okay. And I’m totally with you on the roommate part, but I have lived alone for so long that I don’t even know if I’d know how to live with a roommate anymore!