I’m back!

I haven’t been one to miss this many days of posting, but this past month has kicked my butt. Between being sick for almost three weeks, plus crazy weeks of work, I’ve fallen off the wagon. But here I am trying to get myself back on! (Right before I go to Ireland so … we’ll see how this goes.) Linking up with Katie.

So, since I was pretty much MIA besides last Monday’s post, I’ll fill you in on last week as well! My week was insane! I have to coordinate move in week (which doesn’t make any sense with my job description, but that’s neither here nor there) and it was a crazy week. I couldn’t do pretty much anything due to being so sick the week prior, but I ran the show! Monday I worked with the cross country team and football team to get all of the loft pieces into the freshman rooms that ordered them. Tuesday I coordinated the volunteers who put together the lofts in all of the rooms (it took almost 5 hours – I felt so bad!). On Wednesday our honors students moved in, so we spent the morning welcoming the students and moving in all of their belongings. Now Thursday was the “big day”, meaning the rest of the freshman class moved in and I had to coordinate the entire campus and my volunteers. CRAZY. They gave me a gator which, after I figured it out, became my new favorite toy.

Move in day

Gator

The day went without too many hiccups somehow and it was over in no time! I was whooped!

Friday came early and with a lot of pain – my back was completely in knots from being so sick/stressed out the few weeks prior that I literally couldn’t move my neck or my right arm. Fun stuff, huh? After working for a few hours (my last half day – WAH), I ran to get my eyebrows waxed, went to the bank to get my money situation figured out for Ireland (!!!!!) and then ate Qdoba because …. sodium.

After downing my Qdoba and feeling like I was going to explode, I went to my travel agent’s office to pick up my CIE Tours information for my trip (!!!!!!!!!!!) and then headed over to a spa in town to get a 20-minute chair massage. I’m so cheap, so I chose the cheapest option even though I really need a full massage, but thankfully the therapist was able to pull some of the knots out of my back so it’s semi-movablenow. GOSH I’M GETTING OLD.

Spa Day

Horrible quality, but you get the point.

The rest of the night I sat on my couch, took a bunch of ibuprofen to help with my back and fell asleep at 8:30. #partyanimal

My weekend was pretty boring since I had to work most of it, but that’s okay. I worked 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. on Saturdayย and then went home and lounged out. Sunday I was able to get rid of half of my shift, so I only worked from 6:30-11 and it was GLORIOUS. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to figure out my mom’s camera (didn’t go so well), cleaning my apartment, putting my bed back in it’s frame and filming an August Favorites video!

Give that a watch if you’re feeling fun. ๐Ÿ™‚

My sister came over after that to drop off my sunglasses that I forgot in her car and then we went to Fazoli’s for pasta (mostly the breadsticks) and then we got FROYO!

Frozen Yogurt

I went a litttttle crazy with the toppings and didn’t end up eating it all, BUT sour gummy worms are the BEST.

And now that brings me to today! According to my scale I’m down 4 lbs. (so I’m sure it’s broken because I have no idea how that could’ve happened) and I’m dragging ass this morning after working all weekend. So I decided to dress up today to pretend that I’m awake.

Greek Dress

I work tonight and tomorrow night at my part-time job, then Thursday I’m in Wausau, Wis. for an event all night and Friday/Saturday is Alumni Football Weekend that I have to plan/attend. THEN I’M GOING TO IRELAND. So… basically if you have any tips on how to pack or how to do anything at an airport or how not to panic about either of those things, I’d love to know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tell me something about your weekend!
Any tips of traveling when you’re 1) absolutely terrified of flying and 2) a very, very, very beginner when it comes to traveling?

Thanks, Jessie! ๐Ÿ™‚ Unfortunately I could barely taste the frozen yogurt >:( but it was still worth it! I’m feeling tons better – now just have to get rid of the last of the cold-like symptoms.
      Jessie recently posted…I’m back!My Profile

I LOVE that dress! Where is it from?! Also, my number one tip is that hair straighteners DO NOT WORK with 220 volts! Not even with a converter! Your hair straightener may tell you not to use it with a converter. I had a friend whose cheap straightener worked with a converter, but I had two blow in Europe on a converter before I just gave up on straightening my hair overseas. Then I bought my Chi and it had really clear directions not to use a converter on it. Are you in one hotel the whole time? I try to always pack one backpack that can fit my purse in it and one small suitcase with wheels. I keep my passport and wallet in my front pocket of my backpack and keep my purse stashed for my whole ride cause I hate carrying all that crap around the airport and when I just land in a new country. You need wheels if you’ll be traveling back and forth without a rental car too and taking a big bag is a huge pain in the ass. Make sure to take layers and warm enough clothes. I don’t pack anything that wrinkles ever because I just can’t deal with that mess on vacation. Ummm… I get to the airport about 3 hours early, but I also live in Atlanta. At least 2 is recommended for international travel but I typically eat before I get on the plane. I’m also terrified of flying but I take Ambien to fly so I sleep through take off and then the next 6-8 hours at least. Um… Take a purse that you wear, not that has to go over your shoulder (like take a cross body bag). And take a bigger one. I usually fit a bottle of water, my sunglass case, chapstick, passport (always keep your passport on you), wallet, and some snacks in my purse… I also always have two camera batteries with me (on in my camera, one as a back up) and I have an SD card that fits 12,000 pictures on it. And I don’t let my camera out of my site on a trip. No way is my only memory maker going missing on my trips! Umm… comfortable shoes. I never wear tennis shoes but I have ONE pair of flip flops that I can walk in all day, every day and stay comfortable. They go on EVERY overseas vacation with me. I never take a laptop or anything because I typically move hotels a lot and really don’t want anything expensive with me. I don’t know. I’ve gone out of the country 14 times, so if you have any questions, just let me know and I’ll try to answer them! Never been to Ireland, but I feel pretty experienced with traveling. I’ve never done tours though, always just planned it out on my own. So I’m not too sure about tours.
    Liz recently posted…Pre-trip Preparing!My Profile

Oh my gosh, Liz!! Thank you for all the tips! You’re the second person that told me the hair straightener thing. I might just buy a super cheap one over there or just deal with my frizzy mane. They gave me some anti-anxiety medication, but I don’t think it’s going to fully knock me out… I wish I had ambien or something like that. Hmm.. Thanks for everything!!

• Liz says:

I totally should have just bought a hair straightener by now! I tell myself that EVERY time I go there because I just keep on going back, but then I never do. I typically rely on gel and mousse to make my hair look decent or throw it back. I get up so early on trips that I don’t know that I really care THAT much about fixing this hair. I’ve taken a few anti anxiety meds to fly and they didn’t do anything but make me feel loopy AND anxious. The good thing is that overseas flights are typically on the BIG planes, and the big planes are not even close to being as bad as the smaller ones! They feel so much more smooth and the takeoff isn’t nearly as scary for some reason, so I tend to do better on those planes anyway. Although I still freak out for layovers. I cried when we left London Heathrow last time on the 45 minute flight to Amsterdam because the clouds are so bumpy to take off in! My husband made fun of me for being nervous so I just cried, haha.
        Liz recently posted…Post-Vacation UpdatesMy Profile

OH, and I forgot to tell you the dress is from Red Dress Boutique (online shop) but I got it last year so I don’t know if they still have it. SUPER wonderful quality, though! And I really think you’re right on the hair stuff. I have a feeling I’m not going to give a crap and just want to get out and see Ireland. Plus, my dad isn’t gonna care if I look like a mess. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m happy to hear that about the planes!! My flight is direct from Chicago to Dublin thankfully. I know I’ll cry at least once getting on the plane – I’ll be overwhelmed with emotion!

^^^ Wow, she has some awesome traveling tips! I really haven’t traveled.. like ever so I got nothing for ya, haha. Glad that you’re feeling better though! At least you’ll have a nice vacation after the crazy move in week! Which sounds super ridiculously busy, by the way but I bet it made the day go by fast. Love that dress also!!

Have a great week!
    Megan recently posted…weekend shenanigans.My Profile

I wouldn’t bother with much for hair styling tools. Or even makeup. Enjoy your time! I like to stick with dark colors that can mix and match easily, definitely bring at least two scarves. And make sure your shoes are comfy AND supportive #oldlady
    Katie recently posted…Superiorman 41.5 2015 RecapMy Profile

Haha, I wish I could said that I’d love to not bother with either of those, but unfortunately my self confidence isn’t high enough for that. I’m a minimal make-up girl anyway, so that’s okay, but my hair! Ahhhh. I’ll figure it out haha! I’m all about the scarves!

4. Al @ herbearings says:

I just returned two weeks ago and it was pretty COLD and rained a little bit nearly every day! Bring a jacket and an umbrella. We would wear exercise clothes for a lot of the more sight-seeing/hiking things, and then obviously a nicer change of clothes for the evening. It’s their coldest summer in Ireland’s history, so bring a jacket for sure! My friend and I rented a car and drove all over, and both had large suite cases. There are a lot of public places that have wifi! You’ll be able to connect for messaging that way, but I have Verizon, and they charge a lot, so I kept my phone off the entire time. Rental car places offer you a GPS! We didn’t request one, they just offer. My friend’s phone actually had free international data, so we used her phone for GPS. Check with your phone company and see their rates. You’ll get an auto text message regardless from them once you’re overseas telling you how much they charge. Don’t forget to notify your credit card that you are traveling internationally! I bought a cheap curling iron and blow dryer that had “Dual Voltage” so you can adjust the intensity. Have so much!!!

I’ve got a jacket and umbrella, check! I was looking at your pictures on Instagram and saw the workout clothes – what a good idea! Plus they’re so comfortable. I wasn’t going to pack any, but I think I’m going to change that up. Good to know about the GPS, too!I have Verizon, too, so their international package is crap. That’s why I thought about buying a cheap sim card over there, but maybe it’s not even worth it. I mean, how much am I really going to be on it?? I’m definitely going to try to find a dual voltage iron before I leave or maybe even when I get there!

• Al @ herbearings says:

You can totally just get stuff there for sure! That’s a good idea! That way you’ll know it’s right. Yes, we rocked the exercise clothes more than we probably should have. There was just A LOT of hiking and driving, so that was our go-to for a lot of daytime wear!
        Al @ herbearings recently posted…Coupon Apps For Fresh ProduceMy Profile

The exercise gear is a great idea! Plus they double as leggings and I can just throw on a nicer sweater if we’re not hiking. THANK YOU for all of your info!