Guess Who’s Back

Helloooooooooo! Is anyone out there? I’m backkkk with a short little weekend recap, but I promise that there will be Ireland recaps up this week. I just need a little time to continue to let it all sink in – it still feels like I’m living in a dream. Mostly because of jet lag. 🙂 Linking up with Katie.

So this past Friday I was still in Dublin, Ireland so we’ll start off with that. It was a travel day, so not much happened. We got up, had some breakfast in the airport hotel …

Dublin Breakfast

The beans weren’t very good and I was SUPER nervous for the flight, so I ate the potatoes, a grape and the bacon. (P.S. Ireland’s bacon is UNREAL.) After breakfast, we packed everything else back up and headed out for the hotel shuttle back to the airport. Going through security and everything in Dublin was WAY easier than going through Chicago, even though we had to go through two sets of security because of customs AND my dad was “Randomly Selected” for extra security, but we were so early that it was a breeze. Unfortunately that meant sitting at the airport for three hours with nothing to do (but shop).

Airport Security


We got onto the plane around 3 p.m. and I obviously was SUPER excited.

Plane Anxiety

Thankfully I was able to watch a little bit of the Avengers movies while on the flight. Thor and Iron Man just are the BEST.

Airplane Movie

The flight was a little longer than on the way to Dublin due to wind and unfortunately for my anxiety, a lot more turbulent. That plane was a-shakin’ and so were my insides. My anxiety meds didn’t help at all, so it was an exhausting flight for me. We got home and Chicago decided it was time for a monsoon, so it took quite a while to get back to Green Bay BUT WE DID and then I couldn’t sleep. *thank you jet lag* But someone was very happy to see me.

cat cat

Saturday was pretty difficult. I woke up at 4 a.m. absolutely starving with no food in my apartment. I ended up scrounging through some candy until 11 a.m. when my sister and I went to HuHot and then I spent the rest of the day staring at YouTube and not unpacking.


I still had quite a bit of trouble sleeping on Saturday and I woke up around 5 a.m. on Sunday. I got all ready for the Packer game and watched some more YouTube.

Packer Game

But then ended up not going because I was way too whooped and forced myself to stay awake until 8:45 p.m.


And now it’s Monday and I can’t believe I have to go back to work. Tomorrow I work a 15-hour day, so I’m definitely being thrown back into the “real world”. Ireland recaps to come soon!! Lots of pictures. OMG LOTS. Here’s one.

Blarney Castle

Okay, BYE! I missed you all!! Tell me something about your weekend. 🙂


  1. Megan says:

    Looking forward to all of your recap posts! You had some great pictures on Instagarm too. How many hours ahead is Ireland compared to the U.S.? I’ve never experienced jet lag before but I think I would need several days to recover!
    Megan recently posted…arkansas roadtrip weekend.My Profile

    • Jessie says:

      Thanks, Megan! It’s 6-hours ahead! So, “technically” my day on Friday started at 4 a.m. and didn’t end until 1 a.m. LONG day of travel! I’ve never had jet lag either, so it hit me like a ton of bricks this time.

  2. Jessica @ Pleas(e) and Carrots says:

    Airports and flying are seriously the worst. I hate the way my ears pop; I couldn’t hear for like 24 hours out of one ear last time I flew (thanks sinus issues). Plus, having to wait in line in the airport (during a sequester) to go through customs to get back into my own country made my ragey!
    Jessica @ Pleas(e) and Carrots recently posted…If I Had a Million DollarsMy Profile

Comments are closed.