Being single is hard

Okay. Here we go. It’s rant time, I apologize.

Being single is hard

^^ This. This is something I’m okay with about 95% of the time. I’m okay with being alone. I’m okay with not being in an unhappy relationship anymore. I’m okay with not letting guys treat me like crap. I’m all good with that. I like who I am, I like (for the most part) what I’ve done with my life. I like my goals, my aspirations, my dreams. I’m more worried about when I can get a dog than when I can have babies. In fact, I don’t even think I want babies (that’s a rant for another day). I’m not afraid of living by myself. I have no issues going to movies or getting food by myself. But you know what? Being single is still hard.

It’s still a sting to your confidence when a guy you liked for months but “wasn’t ready to date” suddenly has a girlfriend. Or when your ex of millions of light-years ago is engaged to the crazy chick you always knew in the back of your mind was interested in him. Or when the guy you’re not even interested in gives up on you and moves on … How does that one make sense?

Single

I’ve been the girl that’s told other people that “it’ll come when it’s right” or “at least you’re not in an unhappy relationship” or “you have to like yourself first”. And I believe ALL those things. But being single is still hard when you don’t want to be single anymore.

Now, take that with a grain of salt. One thing I’m really good at is dealing with hard situations (#TWSS). As much as it gets me down sometimes and I feel really lonely (which is actually more of a job/friend/location issue than guys), I’m still gettin’ along. I’m happy by myself. I’m happy with who I am. I mean, I wish I made a bit more money so I could wear prettier clothes (let’s be honest), but I know who I am and what I want. And honestly? I think that’s why I’m still single. I’ve had multiple opportunities to be UNsingle in the past three years, but I strayed away from them because 1) I wasn’t ready yet or 2) I just didn’t “feel it”. So really, it’s my own fault. But I’d rather be single than with someone I’m not 100% into.

Single

So anyways, this little rant is just all over the place but I was having a rough morning after seeing a fun picture on the FaceSpace (seriously, I should just delete certain people). But let’s be real – there’s no use in feeling bad today because I can still do this …

Single

So maybe I should stay single anyway. 🙂

Thanks for listening (are you really listening? reading? laughing at me?) to my little cranky funk this morning! Let me know if you’ve ever struggled with this stuff! Even you beauties that aren’t single, I’m sure you have some advice … but I swear if one more person tells me “everything happens for a reason” … >:( (just kidding)

Linking up with Amanda!

1. Jessica @ Pleas(e) and Carrots says:

I truly hope (and believe) you will find someone soon! Before I met my husband, I had the WORST luck with guys, and then I met my husband really randomly and it was when I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to this party with people I barely knew. I wish I had some advice for you, good luck out there girl!
    Jessica @ Pleas(e) and Carrots recently posted…Sweet Little OatmealMy Profile

2. Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me says:

Girl. I am right there with you. I am so bummed to be single right now, because I know in the core of my being, I am ready to settle dow and get married. For me, it’s not even about being social and having someone to do things with. I just really want to start a family with someone. however I know I cannot rush this and it will happen when it will happen.
    Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me recently posted…Humans Eating Like Animals: TOLMy Profile

3. Amanda @ .running with spoons. says:

“…but I know who I am and what I want. And honestly? I think that’s why I’m still single.” <– very much this. I'm currently in exactly the same situation, and yeah… it's not entirely pleasant, but it's not entirely unpleasant either. Like, I can't decide 😆 ON the one hand, it'd be nice to find someone and settle down, but on the other hand, I enjoy my freedom and I'd have a really hard time giving that up. I realize that's not helpful in the least, but I guess I'm just trying to say that you're definitely not alone 🙂
    Amanda @ .running with spoons. recently posted…. thinking out loud #157 .My Profile

It’s totally true! Something to remember – I’d much rather be still single than with someone I don’t want to be with. Glad I’m not the only one that feels that way!

Even with the right person, it is STILL hard not to be single, haha. I love my husband and am so thankful for our life together, but man do I miss having my OWN apartment and living however I wanted! I miss deciding to go on trips and not feeling guilty spending thousands of dollars (especially if I’m not taking him with me). I miss not being tied to one person all the time. I miss just being ME by MYSELF! But then again, I love having somebody to come home to, somebody to help around the house (like hanging mirrors and shit, cause he definitely doesn’t help me clean), somebody to go to family dinners with…. And my husband would be the first to tell you that I definitely struggle with being married and not being 100% independent anymore, no matter how much I love him. So even when that right person comes along, I think really independent women just kinda don’t want to give that independence up just for some man…
    Liz recently posted…Work Weeks and Trip PlanningMy Profile

You’re so right! It’s actually something I’m kind of nervous about if I do ever find someone again. I’m so independent now that I know I can struggle. That’s why I most definitely can NOT date someone who is needy. Nooooo. I had a guy like that a few weeks ago that was getting super needy and I am NOT about that life. He was out the door faster than I could get him out. 🙂 But I still think I would love to have someone in my life … as long as they let me continue do what I wanna do. 😉

5. Cat says:

I totally feel you.. before my current boyfriend of two years, I was single for a few years. I had many opportunities to date but I was enjoying being single and doing whatever I wanted. And I still think that’s one of the greatest things about being single, being able to do what you want when you want and not have to answer to anybody (shh don’t tell my boyfriend I said that). But seriously, I didn’t want a relationship but it sucked when nobody was even interested lol.

But opportunities weren’t what I wanted for one reason or another or I just didn’t feel that it was the right relationship for me. I totally get it. And my biggest piece of “advice” is that it will happen when you least expect it and when you’re not really looking for anyone. I know I know, you don’t want to hear it lol. But you’re doing the right thing being patient!
    Cat recently posted…Are You The One Season 3 FinaleMy Profile

YES – you totally get where I’m coming from. I’m happy for you that you found a good one, though. 🙂 And I know your advice is right. I knooowwwwwww. 😉

6. Jordyn says:

I can totally relate to your post. It’s not that you aren’t okay being single but who doesn’t occasionally want someone to love? It’s better to be single than try and turn Mr.Wrong into Prince Charming but that doesn’t keep us from wondering why the heck our prince Charming hasn’t come along yet. All I know is that you are beautiful and sweet and wonderful and you WILL find someone even if the timing isn’t exactly how you hope.
    Jordyn recently posted…SOS: I have Dry Skin!My Profile

Before I met Curtis, I was kind of in the same boat as you. Like, I always thought it would be nice to be with someone but I also knew what I wanted & most guys were NOT that. So, I stayed single for a long time & just had fun with it. I am also very independent & thankfully I found someone who is the same way so it doesn’t become an issue. You don’t want to just be in a relationship with someone just because. That usually doesn’t turn out very well. But really, as I’ve said before.. I know you will find someone when you least expect it. 🙂
    Megan recently posted…what’s in my gym bag?My Profile

8. Martina says:

That second paragraph = YES. And all of the memes = YES. especially the spongebob one.

I was doing OK with being single (as OK as I could be) and then Adele came out with new music and, well, that went out the window.

Does this comment make any kind of sense? Prob not.

Haha you TOTALLY get where I’m coming from! 🙂 And yes, Adele! Why do you have to do that?! Your comment makes total sense. I got it. 🙂

9. Janel says:

Girl. I am relating with this so much right now! Especially tough when the holidays are around the corner and I’m the last cousin to be single….also, the only co-worker with no one to bring to my holiday party. Most of my friends are taken and having babies by now! I like the single life most of the time because I am SO busy but would love to have a fun, active guy in my life that I could settle down with!