So after working all day yesterday at my full-time job, I ran home quickly to feed my cat (because he’s been ripping apart my door when I leave him alone too long. It’s awesome) and then went to my part-time job only to find out we were double-scheduled so there was already someone working. So free night off!
With my free night off, I went to the grocery store (hungry) and spent a whopping $75 on what seems like very little food, but I thought I’d tell you about it. 😉 Just a fun fact, don’t watch a ton of IIFYM and full-day of eating videos on YouTube and then go shopping because you will buy ALL THE THINGS.
I started a new If It Fits Your Macros (IIFYM) program + workouts with Brittany Dawn Fitness a week ago today and I’m loving it. I’m having a much better experience with this current coach – I just feel like we click better. Plus, there’s a wonderful Facebook group for everyone which is so motivating. With that, I’ve been watching even more IIFYM and FDE videos to figure out how the hell to get in 122 grams of protein a day without eating 95 chicken breasts. So here’s what I got!
Protein and fats
- Regular Eggs (I don’t get a big pack because I go through phases with liking eggs to wanting to throw up if I hear someone mention one)
- Cashew milk (I use almond milk, but everyone is talking about this cashew milk and I’m all about peer pressure)
- Egg whites (#protein)
- Tortilla Crusted Tilapia (this shit is AWESOME but there’s a bazillion mg of sodium in it, so be careful)
- Queso Fresco Laughing Cow Cheese (peer pressure)
- Sundried Tomato Chicken sausage (it was 10% off so yayyyy)
- Ground turkey (usually I get 99% lean, but they didn’t have any so it’s 93%)
- White Cheddar Laughing Cow (peer pressure)
- Fairlife Chocolate Milk (peer pressure – see this is why I should stop watching videos!)
Other random stuff (so basically carbs)
- Slow-Churned Fudge Tracks Ice Cream (lower in fat treat to have sometimes)
- The Complete Protein Cookie (I bought these before I realized it’s like 50 carbs for one cookie – whoopsie)
- Protein Chips ( I LOVE them and my grocery store is now selling them – woo!)
- Black Bean Spaghetti (peer pressure)
- Arrabbiata sauce (lovvvve spicy spaghetti sauce)
- Miracle Noodles (for when I was noodles without the guilt even though they smell gross when you take them out of the package …)
- White Cheddar Seasoning (peer pressure)
- White Cheddar Rice Cakes (I’m just now realizing how much cheddar stuff I have … this was also peer pressure)
- Walden Farms Pancake Syrup and Chocolate Syrup (peer pressure – this has zero calories and I’m sure is full of 9 billion chemicals, so I won’t use it often, but if I want a boost, it’ll be nice)
And hopefully this stuff lasts me awhile because I can’t afford anymore groceries. 🙂
What are some of your favorite staple foods?
Are there things you’ll splurge on from time to time?
Anyone else doing IIFYM?