40 lb. Weight Loss

I’ve hinted at this in my last few blog posts, but with the way my body fluctuates in weight, I wanted to wait (ha) a little while to see if I kept the weight off, and I did. So, without further adieu …

I’ve officially lost 40 lbs and hit my “goal weight”!

harry-potter-excited-gif

Yep, that’s 165 lbs. to 125 lbs. (reminder that I’m barely 5’1″, people. 106-129 is considered “normal” for my height range.)
58143582-C43D-4156-9A40-65F23906C65A

Now, my “goal weight” is in quotes because I still have some work to do on my body, but I remember when I was at my heaviest, in an unhappy relationship and job and thinking “if I only could weight 125 lbs. again” …

Now that I’m 125, I’m like “I still have some work to do.” Isn’t that how it always works?

I could stand to lose a bit more fat and definitely tighten up my muscles. But I’ve noticed that the last few months I’ve been less focused on the number, and more focused on how I feel. I feel REALLY good, minus some bloating issues that I still haven’t figured out. I feel strong, which is the most important to me. I feel healthy, happy, sexy, confident and … well, I feel like me.

It took me over three years to get to this point and about 150,000 times of falling off the wagon, trying new diets, etc. I was gluten-free, then I was dairy-free, then I was sugar-free, then I was tracking calories, then I was tracking weight watcher points and finally, IIFYM. Trust me, I’ve been a yo-yo dieter on and off for the past three years. I’ve lost 15 lbs, and gained them all back. I’ve had many struggles with binge-eating. But I figured out what worked for me at the time and did what I could. And it took longer than normal, but I’m still dang proud of myself.

There’s been MANY changes in my life the last few years. Breaking off a four-year relationship, living by myself, being single and a little crazy, losing friends, gaining new friends, traveling, moving back to Green Bay, dating, etc. All of those things have helped me on this journey, which is MORE than just a weight loss journey. It was about finding myself, who I wanted to be, how I wanted to feel. I still don’t have it all figured out yet, but it sure does feel like I’m on the right track. 🙂

P.S. Let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to talk more in-depth about. I’m thinking of making a YouTube video once I can get my thoughts in order.

Have you ever hit a goal and been SO proud of yourself that you don’t even know how to put it into words? Tell me about it below! I’d love to hear. 🙂

1. Amy says:

This is such a big deal—I say CONGRATS to you young lady! It really helps to hear what someone has gone through to get to where they are—in such a good way!

2. Jordyn says:

Congratulations girl, I can’t even imagine how much hard work you have put it in over the past three years but YOU DID IT! I think it is normal to never be completely satisfied with your body (even though I am confident I still have things I want to work more on) but you should definitely take time to celebrate your healthy achievements!

Thanks, love! You’re so right. I’m really good at never being satisfied, so I think it’s good to be proud of myself for how far I’ve come! Plus, now I get to make a new goal! 🙂

3. Angie says:

I’d love to know more as I was aggressively nodding along to your path to get there (trying everything, losing and gaining, falling off the wagon a few times, yes, yes, yes!)

Was it IIFYM that finally worked for you? What did you use to track?

I’ve fallen off the IIFYM wagon as well, but I think it’s worked the best for me. It doesn’t feel like a diet, because I truly can fit in whatever I want (in moderation) and I noticed muscle development, which to me is even more exciting than weight loss. I used My Fitness Pal to track my macros, which my coach figured out for me. I definitely intend on continuing to do it. I’ll have to write a more in-depth post on it soon! 🙂

4. Van says:

Hey Jessie! I have been on this cycle for years! Specially when I had a daughter I kind of just ate ate ate and not workout. Seriously I weigh waaay too much for my height. What is IIFYM?

IIFYM is “If it fits your macros” – basically another name for flexible dieting. So, it’s similar to counting calories, except better for your body. I get a set amount of carbs, protein, fat and fiber to eat a day and then I workout. It helps me fuel my body in the best way possible. To be honest, I have been slacking with it the past couple of weeks. It’s really worked for me because I never feel like I can’t eat something. So if I want a cookie, I fit it in. Or I wait until my treat meal. Never feel restricted. Let me know if you want anymore info, I’d be happy to help!

5. Amanda says:

You look amazing! Congratulations, you should be so proud of yourself! It is totally normal to always have “something” you want to work on with yourself, both internally and externally. But take time to celebrate the accomplishments both big and small because you certainly deserve it! I struggle with expressing myself when I have accomplished a goal of mine. In the past, I’ve had people look down on me or try to bring me down. I tend to only celebrate with close family and my husband. It’s something I need to work on for sure. Congratulations again!

Thanks so much! I’m totally with you. Sometimes it’s hard to celebrate yourself, but it’s definitely important!!

I just watched your 19 minute long 100 questions video on YouTube while I ate breakfast. Thank you for entertaining me since I watched all my shows OnDemand already, haha 🙂 Congratulations on hitting your goal weight! You look great! I was actually thinking that your arms/shoulders looked really good on your video!
    Liz recently posted…Postpartum Body :/My Profile

Thanks so much, lady! I love IIFYM, though I haven’t been tracking the past couple weeks. Gotta get back into the swing of things.

7. Theresa says:

Congrats!! This is awesome and you look incredible! Most important, it’s obvious you feel amazing too! I have 35 pounds to lose, and I am so scared and intimidated and having a hard time staying motivated. Loved that you shared your story. Thank you! PS – found you through Blog Boss Babes!

Thank you! You can totally do it, but it’s all about will power and putting your mind to it. Yay, Boss Babes! So excited for that program.

8. Kristin says:

That’s awesome! Congratulations! I gained A LOT of weight in college. I have about 110 lbs I need to lose. I LOVE food, so I keep failing. Would love to know what you did to lose the weight!

Thank you! College is the WORST. Did me in as well. I love food, too! I think that’s why IIFYM (if it fits your macros) works the best for me because if I want something, I fit it in! Not every day, but enough that I never feel deprived. I definitely need to do an in-depth post on how I lost the weight – or possibly even a video. Hmm. Stay tuned!

9. Miriam says:

What an amazing accomplishment, congratulations!! You look spectacular, and not at all like someone who needs to do “more work” – but I know how hard it is to be satisfied with oneself. I hope you will get there.
    My biggest weight loss was 25 pounds when I was 23, and I still remember vividly how hard it was, but also how thrilling it felt (I’m 36 now). It sounds like you did a complete overhaul, with LOTS of changes. Sit back, pat yourself on the back and be proud of it all! What you have accomplished is AMAZING.