Milwaukee Weekend Recap

You guys. This is the Mondayest Monday ever and it’s only 8:18. Not a good sign. I could NOT get out of bed this morning for the life of me! I reset my alarm no less than six times and I still feel like I could sleep for 10 more hours. I don’t know if it’s the weather or just the fact that my brain has been on overdrive for a week now, but I’m exhausted.

Moving on from exhaustion, I figured I’d link up with Katie this morning for a short (well, short for me) weekend recap.

So, Friday I left work around 3 p.m. to head straight to Saige’s house in Milwaukee. I got there a little after 5, chatted it up with her for awhile before meeting our friend Heather at Kanpai in the Third Ward for dinner. Yum!

Kanpai

Don’t worry, I got PLENTY more than that half roll. I had another full roll (but it was on FIRE so I only took a video of it to put on Snapchat) plus we shared two appetizers. We had tons of fun conversation – both Heather and Saige are LOVING their jobs right now, so it was fun to hear about what they’re doing.

After dinner, we headed to Cafe Benelux to have a couple of drinks on the rooftop bar.

Cafe Benelux

Saturday started off with some puppy snuggles and hanging out around the house before Saige and I headed back to the Third Ward to wander around the shops.

Nushi We wandered around Anthropologie, West Elm and then found this random little shop where we tried on some interesting outfits …

Milwaukee Weekend Recap

Saige is probably going to kill me for putting up that picture.

I was planning on going back to Green Bay on Saturday night, but ended up staying and spending the night with Saige and her husband, Joel. We went to a little Jewish Deli place (I forget what it’s called) for take out and went to eat it on the lakefront. Man, I miss this lakefront (this is close to where I used to live in MKE).

Milwaukee Weekend Recap

The rest of the night we watched a thriller movie called 10 Cloverfield Lane (I think) which was actually really good and unpredictable. Saige and I stayed up pretty late because I was picking her brain about some things I’ve had on my mind. I always appreciate her opinion because she’s one of my friends that is there for me no matter what. She has my back and has since the first day I’ve met her, which is hard to find in a friendship, let me tell you!

Sunday morning started off pretty early, and I left to go to Trader Joe’s on my way home. Got myself some staples and flowers, obviously.

Milwaukee Weekend Recap

I got back to Green Bay, put away my groceries and immediately took about an hour and a half nap before heading out to get some lunch. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry and not moving from the couch.

Milwaukee Weekend Recap

I can honestly say that I’m officially in a funk. I know why, but sometimes it’s impossible to get your mind out of a downward spiral when you’re so wrapped up in anxiety. I woke up today still feeling pretty down (the gloomy weather doesn’t help) so I’m going to continue to pull myself out of this cranky mood and back to my normal self. Easier said than done, but I’m determined!

Oh, and one last thing I found during my hours of Instagram scrolling last night that I thought was funny …

Milwaukee Weekend Recap

#mylife

So here’s to getting out of this funk – hopefully. πŸ™‚

What do you do to get yourself out of a funk or bad mood?
How was your weekend?Β

1. Jessica says:

I’m happy ur back! I missed u over the weekend. Any ways I’ve been a 30 day bikini body challenge. I’m on day seven. I’ve 23 days to go! When I’m in a funk I usually end up crying. I don’t why that is. But then I txt my BFF and then I feel some what better.

Nice job! The first two weeks are usually the hardest in challenges for me. And I’m with you on the crying – I cried off and on all day yesterday/last night. It’s annoying, but it makes me feel better!

2. Amy says:

You have the best wknds—love that you’re able to get to different cities to see friends! That used to be what I did on wknds…….something happened as I got older, I’m sure around 30, I was no longer into a drive of 2 hrs plus to do anything fun—ha, lame but honest!
    My shoulder is better and I am still getting wkouts in—joining the gym was the best decision:)
    Take care!

Haha, that’s interesting that you say that! I feel like my weekends are SO boring. But this past weekend definitely was fun. I’m glad your shoulder is feeling better!

3. Martina says:

Girl, you must have taken my funk from last week. (2 weeks ago? When did I wrote about being a little funky?) So, I apologize.

That sushi looks so good! And I buy myself flowers all the time! Except I pretend like Harry Styles sent them to me #agirlcandream
    And, that Instagram πŸ˜‚ too real.

UGH, right?! I need to start pretending some hot guy sent me flowers. Next time, my flowers will be from Zac Efron. πŸ™‚

ugh. I woke up at 6:10, had to leave for work at 6:30, so i feel ya on the funk, although mine just started today. when i need to get outta the funk i try to get my outdoor steps in, and limit the alcohol.
    Katie recently posted…Wait, Don’t Wait, ChaosMy Profile

Great idea. I think for me it’s limiting the caffeine – gets me a little too crazy. But getting outside would be a great idea. Depending how the weather is / how late I work, I might take a walk tonight. That always helps me!

Oh my gosh, that dog is SO cute! And Milwaukee sounds like a fun place! Especially if it’s right on the water like that. I hope that your day has gotten a little better from when you wrote this! (I’m super late on commenting, hah). Working out kind of helps me when I’m in a funk or feeling anxious. Or shopping.. which I know is bad but it gets my mind off things for awhile.
    Megan recently posted…currently [ july ]My Profile

Isn’t she?! Her name is Nushi and I love her. Milwaukee is so fun! We should meet up there sometime. πŸ˜‰ Though it’s a little far for you.