Weekend Recap: Workouts + Packers Family Night

Happy (ughhhhh) Monday, friends! Back at it with another recap of my weekend in order to pretend I’m still living in the weekend world.

So, Friday started off early with a workout (per usual). I’ve been getting up even earlier lately (so, really just the last week) at 5 and going to the gym immediately. I usually get done around 6:30 and then I go back home to get ready. It’s extra driving, but then I can make myself something for breakfast and I don’t feel as rushed. I’ve noticed that, while tired, I feel less anxious in the morning. So we’ll see if I keep up with it.

Anyways, once my workout was done I headed into the office. As you might know from other posts, we work half days during the summer but we’re required to keep the office open so one of us has to be there the full day – and Friday was my day! It wasn’t too bad, though. Honestly, it was so dead all afternoon I just did a bunch of random things to keep myself busy.

Weekend Recap

And I wore jeans all day, which I majorly regretted.Β After work, my sister and I headed to Chili’s for dinner. Once dinner was over, I spent the rest of the night relaxing before going to bed at 10 p.m. because I was so exhausted.

I slept in until 10 a.m. on Saturday – 12 hours of sleep! I naturally woke up around 5:30 a.m., but forced myself to go back to sleep and it felt so nice. My sister decided to leave for the weekend, so I unexpectedly ended up having the apartment to myself – boy do I miss living alone. No offense to her, of course, but I miss it. Hopefully I’ll be able to afford to live alone soon. And preferably out of Wisconsin, if possible. πŸ˜‰

I ended up going to the gym …

Weekend Recap

I was not feelin’ it, but I did some light shoulder work and felt pretty good afterwards. I ran some errands and then went back home before heading out for a walk. No use doing cardio indoors when it’s nice out, especially since it won’t be around much longer (how is it August already?!)

Weekend Recap

After my walk, I ended up just going back home and relaxing with some grocery store sushi (yuck) and some YouTube videos. I also tried to study for NASM, but I just couldn’t focus.

Weekend Recap

The rest of the night was spent FaceTiming with some peeps and then getting a quick drink with a friend to catch up. I was in bed by 11 p.m. and it was glorious.

Slept in a bit again on Sunday, did a little meal prep and got ready for a fun-filled Green Bay Packer day! I made sure to send all of my Bears fan friends a bunch of pictures. πŸ˜‰

Weekend Recap

We had a Tone It Up (Green Bay edition) meet-up! My wonderful friend Kelly set up the whole thing. Healthy tailgate, presents and Packers Family Night!

IMG_1568

Weekend Recap Weekend Recap Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap

Lotsa fun, though I will say I’ll probably never go to another Family Night. It was fun, but it was soooooo long! Maybe I’m just old and knew I needed to get up at 5 a.m., but I was bored watching them practice. Plus, it took almost an hour to get home because of traffic.

And I still got up this morning! I started my programming with Lynette Marie Fitness today, so I had to get up. Got in a good upper body + cardio workout and am currently feeling the pain of 5 hours of sleep.

Weekend Recap

Two thing I am excited about though – 1) Got my HP book!

Weekend Recap

and 2) Bachelorette Finale tonight – woohoo! Time to watch more unrealistic relationships that remember how single I am! πŸ™‚

How was your weekend?

Linking up with Katie.

1. Amy says:

Oh fun—you always keep busy socially and get the workouts in—impressive;) I started my gym 7 weeks ago and this wknd was the first that I didn’t wkout Sat or Sunday. But I got there Friday a.m. and will go right after work—-I’m loving the feeling and am creating a habit that I want to keep up with! We went to Stillwater Sat. afternoon, tasty drink and eats. Being near the St. Croix so good. Got a walk in Sunday a.m. and 2 trips to Target=$$$, ha. I bought a sponge deal to apply my foundation=love it! Great to hear your review !

That’s so awesome! I went to Target twice, too! My coach actually cut my workouts down to four days a week with rest all weekend, so I have no idea what I’m going to do with myself.

2. Amy says:

That sounds really good and you’ve definitely earned wknds off—ha! A pal and I are going to Vegas in 3.5 weeks, it’ll be our 5th trip there………we’re so ready! I need to workout a little harder because, pool time, swimsuit, ha……..it’s going to be a while before I worry about looking awesome at the pool, but I’m going to get there:)

Honestly, I was REALLY running early for something yesterday so I ran into Target to roam around (BAD IDEA) and there was a huge display with it right by the door! Otherwise I wouldn’t have picked it up for awhile!

OMG I forgot it’s the finale tonight! I love Bachelor/Bachelorette nights because Jon doesn’t even try to get me to change the channel and has just accepted that we’re going to watch it together. Your arms are looking so good! Your weekends always sound so exciting! Maybe any weekend without a baby sounds exciting now! I wish I could wake myself up earlier on a regular basis and get the gym in, but it just doesn’t happen for me! I would probably feel better if I did it though! I’ve been slacking big time! Living alone is the best! I so wish I could live alone again, ha. But at least it seems like you and your sister get along well!
    Liz recently posted…Weekend UpdatesMy Profile

Oh, whoa! Thanks, girl! That’s funny you say that about my arms because just this morning I was like, “I feel like my arms are getting fat”. Ha! So perfect timing on that compliment, thank you πŸ˜‰ Living alone really is the best. My sister and I really just don’t talk haha. She sits in her bedroom 3/4 of the time so yeah. I do miss being alone, especially after super long days and I just want to be by myself!

Me neither! It’s just sitting on a table in my bedroom, not opened yet. Driving me nuts! I was so tired this morning that I almost talked myself into taking the day off (we thankfully get quite a few vacation days here – makes up for lack of pay they say …) just to take naps and read it. I’m regretting not sticking to that decision!

I saw your snaps last night & was like.. how is there football already?!? It’s too soon!!! I thought it was like a legit pre-season game, haha. I am normally a jeans every day kind of person but I am so not feeling them this summer! I think I’ve only worn jeans a handful of times. I should have went the gym this weekend.. I think I need to invest in some preworkout also!
    Megan recently posted…i got that summertime sadness…My Profile

Haha nope! Though there is a pre-season game this weekend which is CRAZY to me. I feel like it just starts earlier and earlier every year. The preworkout definitely helps me. Sometimes I think it might just be me tricking myself into THINKING its working, but still. πŸ˜‰