August Goals

I see Jordyn doing a “Goals” post every month and I love it. If I’m being honest, it’s scary to make goals sometimes … lots of commitment (and we all know I’m a commitment-phobe). But since I’m all about doing things that scare me as of late, I’m going to start putting up some goals. Without further adieu …

August Goals

Fitness Goals

Stick to my program with my new coach. I start with my new coach on Monday, August 1! I signed up for 6-weeks with her and I can tell I’m already going to like her. She’s available for her clients, which is something that’s important to me.
Get back into my morning workouts, at least twice per week. If I’m able to workout at night, great, but I feel so much better when I get it in in the AM.
Lose 5 lbs. I’m not sure if this is realistic or not, but I want to get back to my weight I was when I wrote this post.

Career Goals

Look for opportunities in other states. I have always been in love with the West coast, so Washington, California, Hawaii (I know that’s not the coast but it’s “west”). Doesn’t hurt to look?
Stay motivated in my current role. While I don’t love the location, I am lucky to have my current job. I would only leave it for a better opportunity or a chance to move outside of the state (which they are aware of – they all know I want to move). I have some major events coming up this Fall that I need to stay on track for.
Clients for my side hustle. I don’t want to give my exact number goal (#commitmentissues), but I’d like to get a few more clients on my roster.
Study at least 2 days per week for NASM and schedule my test. I don’t have to take my test for a few more months, but maybe if I schedule my test I’ll hunker down and study harder.

Self-Love / Life Goals

Seriously take my coaching with Amy to heart. I think I’m already doing this, but I want to be fully committed to this life coaching program. Like she says, she can coach me all she wants, but I need to put in the work to get anything out of it.
Find a way to start saving money. I struggle with saving money. When you’re tens of thousands of dollars in debt (thank you, private college), I honestly drain my bank account to the dollar every paycheck. I’m truly living paycheck to paycheck, even though I work two jobs. I need to find a way to fix that. Not sure how yet, but I plan on working on it this August.
Beef up my confidence. For some reason, July has strained my confidence. Whether it was because of emotions (not good at those), losing people that I thought were always going to be there for me, gaining some weight, etc. – who knows. Either way, I need to get back to how I was feeling in April when I went to Hawaii. I was at my most confident and I want to get back to that point.
Be positive. Continue with my daily positivity work which includes saying what I’m grateful for every morning. I’d like to start trying out meditation, so I’d like to start doing that a few days a week.

What are some of your goals this month?
Do you like this type of post?

“Tutu
This entry was posted in Goals.

Hawaii was in April?! I seriously feel like you just got back! Time has gone so fast! I love the west coast, but Cali is insanely expensive and Washington and Oregon are soooo dreary (at least along the coast) for way too long. It was so depressing being in Oregon in the fall/winter. I think Utah or Montana would be awesome! Or even central Oregon since it’s not so rainy! I’m impressed with how many goals you have! I never make goals! I tend to just live day by day and I really only set big goals- like traveling or career/education goals.
    Liz recently posted…Blog SurveyMy Profile

RIGHT?! I wish I was back there now, just sitting on a beach with the dogs and not having to worry about life. That’d be cool. When can that be my job? 😉

Setting goals is super hard for me! I’m normally like you where I only set big goals, but then I “conveniently” forget about them, so I’m trying to set smaller/fairly attainable ones. I know Cali is expensive, but I want to live there so bad!!! 🙁

2. Marette @ Floradise says:

We want to end up on the West Coast as well! I feel like once we moved from Phoenix to Chicago any move is possible. I have a feeling you’re motivated enough to make it happen for yourself. 🙂

Thanks, lady! Where do you want to end up out there? For me, it’s the weather and the lifestyle that pulls at my heart strings. I’m so over it here! And thank you 🙂

• Marette @ Floradise says:

A few years ago we talked about San Diego, but we are open to anywhere in California. We also are hoping to visit Seattle soon so we can scope it out as a possible future option. 🙂 I’m from Arizona so my family would always vacation in California and I have a special place in my heart for it.

3. Jordyn says:

I always have to write out my goals or else I do not hold myself accountable. You have great goals for the month, I am so impressed by your morning workouts. I have to workout in the evening because I won’t get out of bed before 6:00! Crossing my fingers you can find a west coast job!!!

4. Jessica says:

I happy to see that your able to workout again. Today I finally finished my jillian Michaels ripped in 30! It feels good to be done. I still have one more day left on my 30 day bikini body challenge. Good luck on your job hunt on the west coast. And I’m really glad preseason football starts Sunday, finally something to watch. And go Packers!

Thanks, lady! YES, you definitely need some fun in your life! That’s something I struggle with sometimes. I feel guilty for not being productive, but it’s important!

These are all so awesome! I hope things work out with the new coach! I’ve been reading about your morning workouts for a long time & still can’t get myself to do it, haha. West coast (and Hawaii!) would be so awesome. I really hope that you are able to find something! I know it’s been something you’ve wanted for quite awhile! I should have added motivation & staying positive to my goals for this month also… might go back & do that now…
    Megan recently posted…august goals + july recapMy Profile

Thanks, lady! So far, so good, though it’s only been three days. I think I just want out in general. West coast calls to me just because of the water and the weather, but even something outside of my “norm” would be wonderful. Haha and we can keep each other motivated and positive this month! 😉