A (not really) explanation

Hey, hey! It’s been awhile. As you may have noticed, my posts have fell off … as have my YouTube videos. In fact, really the only thing I’ve been keeping up with is my Instagram and Snapchat. And it’s not because I’m too busy (at least, not this week).

Have you ever just felt off? I cannot pull myself out of this funk. I go in them from time-to-time and I always struggle coming out of them. I filmed a YouTube video three times and deleted all three of them because I’m just “not there”. I’m bummed about a few situations in my life and people’s lives I care about. I’ve been having nightmares because I’m stressed so I haven’t been sleeping. I’m sick of never having any time to myself. I’m tired of getting home from working and try to start on my third job, but I can’t put my mind in it because I’m thinking about someone that’s treating me poorly. Or thinking about how messy my apartment is even though I clean it by myself every single day.

I’m also irritated with how much of a victim I’m sounding like up there ^^ and I’m over that as well.

So with that said, here are a few favorites this week in hopes to listen to my own advice and think positively when I’m feeling down.

First, amazing friends. Seriously. I basically will ignore everyone when I’m having a rough time and thankfully I have a few friends that pick up on that. Brooke makes me talk at work. Amy and Lindsay attack me on the regular via text, email and Snapchat. Kim is just always there for me. Julie texts me through how I’m feeling. <— I miss this one.

Favorites

Second, dressing up. Always makes me feel better.

Favorites

Third, that my favorite YouTube couple is back together. But it’s my favorite because I just love love. I mean, I can’t find it, so I hope other people do.

Sometimes I’m a little too interested in other people’s lives (that’s a story for another day), but I absolutely LOVE Christian and Nikki – separately – but together? Adore. And they did vlogs in Hawaii that I watched last night. Just the way he looks at her. And how happy she is. Makes me hopeful that maybe someday someone will look like that at me. (And also look like Christian Guzman. And also I’ll have Nikki’s butt. And also I’ll be in Maui.) 😉

Favorites

And finally, working out. This morning I did a HARD lower body workout + 20-minutes SS cardio on the stair master. I came out looking like a drowned rat, but I felt SO much better. So I went home and apologized to the cats for being so mean to them this morning. (In my defense, they start scratching at my door at 4:30 a.m. to eat and it drives me CRAZY.)

Favorites

Now on to the rest of the time! Time to look at life with a different perspective, remember I’m still SO damn lucky.

And maybe also take a nap.

What are you doing this weekend?
What are some of your favorites?

1. G says:

Without knowing the details and by simply reading your blog, I can affirm that you’ve got a lot on your plate right now! And it always takes a while to adjust to new things as well. Be gentle with yourself, you are doing a lot of amazing things! Do not be afraid to ask for help either. Hope you get out of the slump soon. 🙂

2. Amy says:

Hey there lady—first I’d say, give yourself a big break, you are human after all:) Really cool that you know you have good friends and you are lucky!

Ugh—any cat that disturbs my sleep is beyond the worst. This is one thing I do not miss about my cat Kevin—RIP dude, you were awesome for the most part:)

I’m car shopping this wknd, so needed……and leave for Vegas a week from tomorrow-woot! So there is packing to do and workouts:) and a few beers-ha!

• Amy says:

You need to visit, I bet you’d really like it! It’s kind of constantly buzzing–not a quiet getaway-ha. I am ready!! I have a new car too—so exciting, it’s been 11+ yrs with the last car……

Exactly. I love blogging, but when my mind is on 1 million other things, it’s really hard to get in the mindset to write a blog, even if I am just rambling about my life. Thank you for reading! 🙂

Thanks, lady! I think it’s hard for me because I love writing, but sometimes I just can’t get in the right mindset to do it. But you’re right, I’d rather have good content than a forced post.

3. Torry says:

I love your blog and I was really starting to read that thinking you were going to say you were going to take some time off from it and I was going to be like NOOOOOOO!!!!

Just be positive and remember that only time will tell on where you are supposed to be in life. I had a real hard time with that a few years ago and to this day I am still trying to figure out if I am on the right path sometimes…..

Hahaha, well thank you! And HELL no, I’m not taking any time off. I just might have a couple of random days off thrown there – just not sure the 5-days a week is going to work with my professional life going haywire. As long as we’re trying to figure it all out, I think that means we’re on the right path. 😉 That’s what I tell myself at least.

I stayed up late reading friday night, slept in this morning, and then cleaned my childhood room, I moved out last year and still have a ton of random things, cards and photos mostly, it felt good to get a garbage bag’s worth of stuff out, and I’m sure I’ll do that again this winter. when I’m feeling down I sometimes allow myself to just be tired, and then try to schedule things with friends to cheer me up.
    Katie recently posted…Sweating and SweetsMy Profile

Sounds like a great weekend! And I’m with you on the friends thing. Unfortunately all of my friends live in far, far off lands away from Green Bay, Wis. so it can be difficult. BUT I think scheduling in some FaceTime dates and phone calls would be helpful. 🙂