Weekend Recap: Sleeping Beauty

And just like that, it’s Monday again! Whoaaaa. Last week was SO crazy being my first week at my new job, so my weekend was full of a LOT of sleeping. And lounging. And more sleeping. Mostly sleeping.

Just to update you a bit on the job, last Monday was very overwhelming. I sat in orientation all day and there’s only so much new information my brain can take before it feels like it’s going to explode. By the time I got home that night, I was a pile of tears and emotions.

Tuesday was a bit better because I was with my team most of the day. They’re very relaxed where I work and I’m hardly ever checked on, which was strange all week. I went to a few meetings, but mostly I’ve been working on getting to know my “client” and getting HR stuff done.

That night I went to my first Blackhawks game and OHMYGOSH I’m so hooked. I love hockey, but I’ve never really followed professional hockey (just college). It was so much fun!

Blackhawks Game

The rest of the week was just work and trying to relax after work. Oh, and I signed a lease for my new apartment on Thursday! I get the keys on the 21st. I probably won’t be able to move until the weekend after, but I’m excited to have found a place so quickly, even though money has been super tight.

Friday was pretty slow at work. Most people on my team work from home on Fridays (something I hope to get to do after a few weeks or so here). Friday night I went out to dinnerΒ with Ben and friends which was a lot of fun. I slept in on Saturday while Ben went to work (seriously, I slept until like 11) and then I met Ben at his gym where I finallllllly let go of my ego and had him put me through a workout. My booty is sorrrrrrre today.

workout

The rest of the afternoon was super chill, which I love. Ben and I watched football, a movie, some Netflix … nothing crazy, but it was really nice after a long, stressful week.

Today (Sunday as I’m writing this) we woke up a little late, and then I headed over to The Vig to meet my friend Amanda for brunch. Amanda and I worked together in Milwaukee years ago at an ad agency and kept in touch for years until she moved to Chicago with her husband a few years ago. I saw here one time while I was visiting and now I’m living here, so we had to catch up!

I had a Bloody Mary & Chicken and Waffles, which was good! The vibe of the place was really cool.

The Vig

The Vig

The rest of Sunday was centered around the Packer game (OBVIOUSLY AND YAY THEY WON) and getting ready for the week. Let’s just say … I know I’ve only been in Chicago for a week, but I’m absolutely loving it. It helps that I get to be close to my favorite person, I’m sure. πŸ™‚ But I just feel so alive and excited to try new things! I think this is exactly what I needed.

Okay, enough gushing. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Tell me something that you’re looking forward to in the comments below.

Linking up with Katie.

1. Marette Flora says:

There was a place in Phoenix called the Vig. I was hoping it was the same but sadly it’s not. Anyway, Glad you are loving it so far and yay for finding an apartment!

It was pretty good! I honestly thought my waffle was extremely dry, but the atmosphere was cool and my friend liked her food. Thanks, lady! Hopefully I’ll see you soon. πŸ™‚

That’s true! Getting used to this commute is no joke – I’m so exhausted! Thank you! I can’t wait to write about them, but right now I still feel so out of sorts, living out of plastic bags at Ben’s hah!

That’s awesome what you found an apartment already! I LOVE hockey games! Atlanta sold their team so we don’t have one, but there is one in Charleston so I want to start going to games again. I think it’d be awesome to be dating a personal trainer! I wish I had somebody to just take me to work out all the time, haha. Although, I don’t mind just kind of going with the flow and doing what I feel like when I work out. I bet Chicago has so many good places to eat! You’re making me want to go back! I only went for an Army training, so we had about a day total to walk around when I went before. I’d love to go for a 3-4 day trip at least!
    Liz recently posted…Weekend UpdatesMy Profile

It’s crazy! It’s the only one I looked at and it’s only a few blocks from Ben, so that’s nice. πŸ™‚ Just kinda fell into my lap. YESS hockey games are the best. Hawks games are so expensive, but we got tickets from a friend. Otherwise you usually can only get standing room only. Haha, well it’ll definitely be nice to have him work me out on Saturdays… and tell me what to do the rest of the time on my own. πŸ˜‰ Definitely come back to visit!

3. kathy @ more coffee, less talky says:

new jobs are always stressful as you struggle to find your groove and get used to all the new processes/procedures/lingo. Just keep your head up and you’ll do just fine πŸ™‚

For a long time, I refused to let anyone train me but then decided (when i got bored of my workouts) to get a PT and OMFG, he worked me like crazy. Sometimes a different way of working out is actually great for you. Since then, I’ve continued to sign up for his sessions and each one is amazing!
    kathy @ more coffee, less talky recently posted…Save vs splurgeMy Profile

Thanks, Kathy! I’m just trying to stay afloat right now. πŸ™‚

PTs are TOTALLY worth it. I’ve had PTs before and online coaches – both of which helped me a lot. I’m glad you’ve continued with a PT! I’m lucky to get one for free now. #GFPerks πŸ˜‰

Thank you!! They’re so fun to watch – super exciting. My first hockey game was actually for work a couple years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. That was college hockey. My boyfriend plays in a league so I get to watch him all the time, but professional hockey is like nothing else. The energy is crazy!!