February 2017 Goals

I’m just going to tell you right now that I love Mindy’s blog and she does her monthly goals this way. It totally inspired me to do them as well!

e701c872445241adbc0ce8319b075e07

Health & Fitness Goals:
Lose 3-5#. My body weight has been fluctuating a ton lately due to stress and not eating well. I’d like to get back into a routine.
Begin program with Ben. (P.S. If you’re looking for in-person training in Chicago OR online training, my guy is THE BEST in my completely unbiased opinion.)
3 days of cardio per week. I hate cardio, so I always find a way out of it. I sit ALL day, plus sit in the car, so I need to amp that up.
Pull 140-150# in deadlifts. I’ve been stuck at 135#, 4×6 for the last month. I could pull more, but I’m chicken.
Squat 120-130#. Same as DL. I’m chicken.
Start consistently tracking macros. I’ve fallen off this wagon (more like completely crashed and burned) so time to jump back on.
Try yoga. I’ve been talking about this for MONTHS. I need to try.

Business & Financial Goals:
Figure out plan for future professional life. Slightly vague, but I just want to be sure I’m safely thinking about my future. Ben’s going to help me put together a plan of attack.
Start looking into freelance writing and social media. I’ve been putting this off, but after talking with a new friend Rebecca I’d really like to dip my toes back into freelance. My ultimate goal someday is to be able to work for myself, so I might as well start now! Especially once I want to start a family (I’m obviously speaking entirely of a family of puppies) I’d like to have some flexibility with my schedule.
Pay off $500 in debt. My salary is higher than it was at my previous job. While cost of living is HELLA expensive here, I’d like to take these first few months making big chunks of payments on my personal debt. I saw this on Mindy’s blog and I think it’s a spectacular idea!
Write at least 3 blog posts per week. I’ve been struggling with this, so I need to get back on a schedule.
Post at least 1 YouTube video. I miss YT, but I’m going to start off slow.
Write love story with Ben and post on blog/social media platforms. 🙂

Life Goals:
Download Audible. I’ve been listening to the same music over and over again on my 2+ hour commute per day. I need to get into listening to some books!
Finish setting up apartment. While I’m feeling less overwhelmed than I was, I’d still like to get everything situated. Plus, I’d like to start having visitors!
Figure out daily meditation or journaling. I need to get back into a routine and since my brain is always in overdrive, I think this would be a great way to start or end the day off right.

I think that’s a good start! What are some of your goals for February?

This entry was posted in Goals.

1. Marette Flora says:

So many great goals! I would totally go to yoga with you! I need to get back on track with fitness after this vacation! I lost my Garmin and haven’t tracked eating AT ALL.

2. Samantha says:

Congrats on your move! I downloaded Audible a few months ago and started listening to all the Harry Potter books on my commute every day. It’s so fun to “reread” the books, and makes my commute go so fast!

Thanks, lady! Congratulations to YOU on the engagement!! 🙂 I WANT TO LISTEN TO THOSE SO BAD! You’re like the 5th person that’s told me about them – I’m just struggling paying that much for them when I already own the books, haha!

3. Maddy says:

I love hearing other people’s goals – I shared my yearly ones back in January and now I’m doing monthly recap posts to hold me accountable for progress.

Keep pushing on those deadlifts girl – you got this. I hit 155 for 3 the other day. Same with the squats – if you have someone to just stand behind you when it gets heavy I always feel better.

xo, Maddy

YES! Nice job with the DL 🙂 My boyfriend is a personal trainer so I always feel better when I work out with him (plus, #egoprobs – I want to look strong in front of him) but I only get to workout with him every now and then.

4. Kelly says:

Yes audible is a must!! I highly recommend you listen to books that are read by the author (like Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Nick Offerman, Mindy Kahling, etc.) or listen to the Harry Potter books (the guy that reads them has THE BEST voice!) Podcasts would be a great option, too! (I listen to a lot of great ones!)

That’s a great suggestion! We actually listened to Aziz Ansari’s book on our way to Charleston in December and that was amazing to listen to him read his own book. I have heard so many great things about the HP books on audio. I Have a hard time paying for them when I already own them in hard copy, BUT I feel like it would make the commute astronomically better.

These are all awesome goals! I find a ton of quick HIT workouts on Pinterest when I’m struggling to come up with something. A lot of the ones I have saved use kettlebells but you could probably swap some of the moves out for dumbbells too. Yoga is so tough for me! I can’t shut my mind off to relax enough, hah. And yay for blogging & videos again! 🙂
    Megan recently posted…Friday FavoritesMy Profile

Thanks, lady! I’m with you on the yoga thing, but I think that’s why I *need * it even more. My brain needs to learn to shut up. 😉

You’re so organized! I don’t think I even have any specific goals other than work out more and eat better. That’s it. And keep my house clean and finish school. Jon spends all of his time in the car and has been listening to educational audiobooks and he tells me all about them. They actually sound super interesting! It’s a great way to spend all that time in the car!
    Liz recently posted…Charleston DosMy Profile

Those are great goals, though! I have to be organized, otherwise my mind goes into crazy overdrive haha! Great to hear about audio books! I really need to get on that. 🙂