Y’all know I love any type of survey. It’s the Myspace baby still in me. So when I saw “50 Questions to Ask and Answer” on Kallie’s blog the other day, I had to jump on that train!
- What are your nicknames?
I don’t really have any, to be honest! Jessie apparently is easy enough to say.
- What books are on your shelf begging to be read?
I don’t have any physical books I want to read, but I did start listening to “The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***” when Ben and I went on our road trip in December. (Posts here, here and here if you’re interested!) We didn’t get through all of it and I think it’d be beneficial for me to get through. That’s why I need to download Audible!
- How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
Not much of a doodle-er!
- What do you do if you can’t sleep at night?
Bug Ben and make him talk to me. 🙂
- How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
Not even a day, I’m sure.
- Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I usually throw them away, even though I absolutely LOVE cards. I just hate clutter.
- Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
- When making an entrance into a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I tend to slip in and look for someone I know. I’m an extrovert, but I’m initially very shy when I’m not 100% comfortable.
- What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
Touch, maybe? Touch is important to me at least. If I had to give one up, I guess it’d be smell!
- How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
I’m gonna go with Kallie on this one – whenever I’m in front of one. I don’t like, sit and stare at myself, but I do look!
- What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
I always hated escalators because I thought I’d get stuck in it!
- What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Chips and salsa… mmmmmmm.
- Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
When it comes to me, Ben. He is constantly doing something for me, even if it’s super small.
- How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I never do …
- Which animals scare you most? Why?
BEES. I hate them. They’re creepy and they can hurt you. No thanks.
- Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
Normally I’ll avoid it. I hate conflict, but if I have to engage in it, I will stand up for myself.
- What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savored?
Ben called me beautiful this morning, even though I looked like a cranky troll that just rolled out of bed.
- What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
Ooooh, that’s a hard one! Probably the fact that I’m an over-thinker.
- Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yesssss, girl. I am all about routine, which can be good and bad. It’s actually the part I struggled the most with when I first moved to Chicago because my routine was all out of whack. I will push myself out of habit, though. Not afraid of that!
- Are you high maintenance? Explain.
I honestly don’t think I am. I’ve asked Ben before and (maybe he’s lying but …) he doesn’t think so, either. I don’t take a million years doing my makeup or hair. I don’t need to spend millions of dollars on clothes.
- When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Probably last Saturday. This past Saturday my back was hurting during my workout, but the Saturday before I hit two PRs. Woohoo!
- Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
Very few close friends.
- Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
I’m on the move to build my own empire, but I think it’s important to also unleash the potential of others. Both are important. If I make it on my own and have employees, I’d want to help them unleash their own potential.
- What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
That’s a hard one! I tend to share things with everyone.
- What do you think about more than anything else?
I think about so many things at one time! Lately I’ve been thinking about starting my own business basically the entire day. I have this life in my mind that I want to live and I’m focusing on it!
- What’s something that amazes you?
This planet. Ben and I have been watching some documentaries about people / places on this Earth and it’s crazy to me how differently some areas are functioning.
- Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
Straight, BUT I won’t lie … I am overly sensitive sometimes. I’d still rather know the truth, though.
- Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest?
This is a funny question! I actually canceled a weekend with my sister because she wants to come see Chicago and I’m like, “uhhhh, I don’t know where anything is besides Starbucks and my office” – ha! I’d probably take someone to Stan’s because DONUTS.
- What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself?
Commute. If I had a driver every day, I’d be happy.
- Do you have a catchphrase?
Nooo, not really. I swear a lot.
- What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I don’t mind when people are outspoken about their beliefs as long as they aren’t hurting anyone AND they’ll shut their mouth long enough to listen to someone else’s perspective. I can’t stand when people spew word vomit, but then won’t give someone else the time of day to disagree.
- How and where do you prefer to study?
I work best at Starbucks in the afternoon with a coffee, headphones in and my handsome boyfriend working across from me. 🙂
- What position do you sleep in?
Usually on one of my sides.
- What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Milwaukee. I love Chicago, but MKE will always have a special place in my heart. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chicago beats out MKE soon, though!
- What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Humor. Determination. Self-awareness.
- How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
I’m the oldest, so I’m the super bossy one, obviously. My sister is six years younger than me. We weren’t very close growing up, but we’re much better now!
- If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Fear (to a point). It holds me back from so many things that I want to do.
- If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
My best friend that lives in Hawaii. We had a falling out and basically lost contact with one another last year.
- If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I actually like my first name, so no changes!
- Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
Hmm… sometimes. Like I wish I hadn’t heard whisperings of the layoffs happening at work because I was terrified and barely sleeping for weeks. I think I’d still rather know things rather than be blindsided.
- What do you consider unforgivable?
This is a hard one because it depends on context. Personally I can’t handle any type of domestic abuse.
- Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
Yes, for the most part. I don’t fully trust myself with credit cards, but I do have great credit even though I’m still paying off some mistakes I made in my early twenties.
- How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
It’s difficult. I tend to over-apologize and I’ve been working on that in the past few years. It drives me nuts when people won’t take responsibility for their actions.
- Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
I don’t think so?
- To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
I do not trust people very easily, especially in relationships. My past is my past and unfortunately it seeps into my present thinking. I try to trust those around me, but it is a struggle initially.
- In what area of your life are you immature?
I still would rather eat Spaghettios and soda over vegetables and protein any day.
- What was the best news you ever received?
This is hard because I feel like I’ve had a lot of news that in the moment seemed like the best news ever. However, I will say winning a trip to Ireland is still out of this world, so I’ll go with that.
- How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
I have no difficulty being honest. None at all. To a fault, actually. I’m not good at lying, even if a white lie will end up helping the situation. Everything is written all over my face.
- When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
Without being too cliche, I immediately clicked with Ben when we met. Hell, we clicked before we even met in person. It was immediate for the both of us. We have so many similarities when it came to our outlook on life, personality and humor (which can be difficult because we kind of have a weird sense of humor …) I can’t think of anyone that I didn’t like at first that I do now. My initial intuition is usually pretty on par.
- When do you find yourself singing?
In the car or at the gym – basically whenever I’m listening to music.
Do this on your blog if you have one or answer a question down below!