The last couple of weeks, I’ve been feeling HIGHLY motivated. Of course, there’s been a day or two when I’ve felt down, but I’ve been in anything but a bad mood. Whelp, if you read my blog on Monday, you know that changed this past weekend.
I felt lethargic all weekend + body images issues + had myself convinced that I was never going to “make it” with my dreams of working for myself. I mean, had myself CONVINCED of it. Bad moods really aren’t my thing, so Sunday I spent some time (while writing out this blog) to think of a few things I could do (and you can to!) to pull yourself back into a good mood.
- Talk to someone you love who will lift you up.
This is key for me. Luckily, I have this wonderful man who I get to have in my life every day who loves me, even through my weird ass girl moods. (Amiright, ladies? Like, WHY AM I CRYING NOW?!) He’ll always find a way to lift my spirits or just let me vent to get all the negativity out.When I didn’t have Ben in my life (and sometimes you just need a girl friend), I’d vent to my friends. My friend Lindsay is always one of the best to talk to because she’ll let me vent, but gives me constructive criticism if I need it. My friend Saige is the same. I love them for that!
- Look at puppies. Or cats. Or birds. Armadillos. Whatever the fuc* tickles your fancy.
FO’ REAL. This always puts me in a better mood. Plus, I remind myself that one of the reasons I don’t have a dog yet is because I want a more flexible lifestyle where I can get a puppy and not leave it in a cage all day. Gives me some motivation.
- Watch or read something that’ll put your life into perspective.
My favorites for watching lately have been …
– Planet Earth: Reminds me that I’m a very privaleged lady that needs to be a bit more grateful for the fact that I can sit on the couch watching Netflix all day and ordering in Thai food instead of hunting fuc*ing tarantulas to set on fire and eat. GROSS.
– Gary Vee videos: I’ve been hooked on Gary Vaynerchuk for a little over a week now and his motivational keynotes and videos. I love his candidness, truthfulness and his work ethic.
My favorites for reading/listening …
– “You Are a Badass”: I read this book on my way to Hawaii last year and loved it, so I’ve been listening to it on Audible and it just gets me in a good mindset.
– Any Virtual Assistant / Social Media / Girl Boss blog I can find: Since this is the direction I want my life to go, I’ve been reading up on a few blogs to get myself in a better mindset.
- Get in a good workout, walk, run, spin class, Jazzercise, in-between the sheets time (WHAT?!), I don’t care.
Getting active helps me about 95% of the time. Granted, this past weekend my workout didn’t help me much, but getting in a walk while listening to YARBA (that was me trying to abbreviate You Are A Badass) did make me feel better. The more I laid around the rest of the day, the more lethargic and just blech I felt. When it’s nicer out, I love to go take walks down by the lake or river to get in some activity plus be around water, which is one of the most calming things to me.
- Treat Yo’self.
I’m bad at this one, so it’s something I’m working on. Maybe you’re buying yourself a cute summer dress or a donut from a local bakery, just get yourself something that’ll make you smile. Doesn’t have to be a lot of money and don’t go overboard with a calorie-dense crazy cheat day, but a lil’ somethin’ never hurt anyone. I bought myself a pretty t-shirt dress from Shophopes this weekend that I’m pretty excited about. My wardrobe needs an overhaul, but the one little dress will do for now.
While I’m not where I want to be physically, mentally, financially, work-wise … I’m working on it and you can’t forget to be proud of yourself for what you’ve done this far, right? Those are just a few of my ideas, so what are some of yours?