Bring on April! I’m over March (click here for my March goals!) – it was a weird month for me. Time for some April goals!
First, let’s take a look back at March!
What went SUPER well …
– Walk to work on Thursdays. I did this every day that was possible. Since March was so gross on and off, it wasn’t every day, but I did it quite a bit!
– Up weights in both squats and deads. Done! I’m up in both, even with a slight back issue.
– Work on mobility. I’ve done pretty well with this, too! Mobility was something that was never a priority (or honestly, something I knew I needed to do) so I’ve been pretty consistent with it.
– Download Audible. Done and I can’t believe I waited SOOOO long!
What went pretty well …
– Sticking to my macros. For the most part, I’ve done pretty well. If I couldn’t stick to my macros, I stuck to my calories. I’ve had a few off days, but pretty well overall!
– Email people about my social media management & VA offerings. I emailed one person… so that’s better than none! I have gotten better about telling people about it though, which is a step in the right direction.
– Writing 3-5x/week on the blog + YouTube. I did okay with this! I think there were a few times where I was at only two blogs per week, but I did get up two YouTube videos this month, which is good. My hypothyroidism and just overall lack-for-life this last month hit me hard, so it was hard to show up on the internet in a truthful, honest way. SO I didn’t – because I refuse to be anything but myself.
– Look into sponsored posts and networks. I was really into this earlier this month and then fell off the wagon. I did set myself up on a few sites, though, so again … step in the right direction!
– Weekly goal setting. I did this for two weeks and then fell off. Will try to jump back on this weekend!
– Set-up newsletter. I’ll give myself a little credit … I did log in, create my account and look through everything, but again got overwhelmed and put it away.
What didn’t happen …
– Update WordPress theme. I’m so overwhelmed by this! Have any of you done it? Am I freaking out about nothing?
– Write love story with Ben. This just hasn’t been a priority and I don’t want to force it. Ben is focusing on rolling out his online business and I’m trying to get my head straight and stay positive with a horrible job. Just not the time to be writing this stuff. Soon, though!
– Set-up apartment completely. Nope… To be honest, I don’t know if these pictures will ever get on the walls LOL.
April 2017 Goals
Health & Fitness Goals:
– Add cardio in. As much as I don’t want to, I need to. I’ve not been dropping any weight and it’s driving me nuts.
– Work on self-love. I have been incredibly hard on myself this last month, picking apart every aspect on my body. It’s time to focus on loving my body for how it is NOW and improving it because I want to and because I love my body, not because I hate it. It’s not a healthy mindset.
– Walk more (if possible). Whether that’s taking a break at work, walking to work on Thursdays, walking with Ben or friends around the city. 1) It’ll save me money on Lyft and 2) I need to get out of the house!
– Research hypothyroidism and ways to help. I’m sick of depending on a medication that may/may not help this condition. It has knocked me on my ass in March and I need to find other ways to help improve myself so the symptoms don’t take over my life!
Business & Financial Goals:
– Book one freelance/contract position. Whether it’s social media, VA, long-term or short-term, I don’t care. I need to get moving so I can live the life that I want instead of working where the life is being sucked out of me.
– Work out a plan for how much I need to make/how many clients I need to be able to afford a sustainable lifestyle. This is an exercise my coach has me doing that I’ve put off. I’d like to get that done this weekend, if possible.
– Write down my “dream life” and read it every day. I’m into manifesting the things I want, so I need to be able to focus on it.
– Read/Listen to two books in April and write a blog post about it. I did this in March and really enjoyed it!
– Work on finding sponsorships or opportunities for my blog. There are plenty of big bloggers and events in Chicago and I need to look into that. I’d also like to really focus on the websites I’ve set up to see what they can do for me.
– Enjoy time with family and friends. I have quite a few events in April between friends coming to visit and Easter with the family. I want to be able to focus on that and truly enjoy it, not letting other negative mindsets (or worrying about gaining weight) hinder that.
– Talk with Ben about what we’re grateful for every day. I found this in the book I’m currently listening to and I love it. I used to do it every morning on my way to the gym in Green Bay and it’s a great practice to have.
– Try yoga and/or meditation. I think I’ll really benefits from this.
– Try not to let people mess with my head so much. I have some not-so-nice (aka disrespectful) colleagues that I’ve been letting get in my head too much. I just need to focus on what I have to do, be a good employee and get past it.
Any advice for me?
What are some of your goals for April?
How was March for you?