Yay, May! We’re getting SO close to summer, I’m so excited! We’ve had some wonderful weather days here in Chicago and I’m hoping it continues into May. Granted, there has been a lot of rain, though.
Anyway, enough with the weather small-talk. *rolling eyes emoji*
Time for some May Goals! To see my April Goals, go here.
Let’s look back at April!
What went SUPER well …
– Walk more. I’ve been walking more around the city and at work lately, just because the weather is better. It’s been so nice plus it’s saving money.
– Read/Listen to two books in April and write a blog post about it. Done! Did you read my post from yesterday?
– Try not to let people mess with my head so much. This one went well. I think it helped that I found a work friend. 🙂
What went pretty well …
– Enjoy time with family and friends. Done, minus the family part. I didn’t get to go home for Easter due to an interview (SAY WHAT) so that’s why I’m putting this in the “okay” category.
– Work on self-love. Ben has helped me with this a lot. See Wednesday’s post.
– Book one freelance/contract position. I really tried on this one. I even had an interview! But it didn’t pan out and then I was focused on full-time interviews (JESSIE, WHAT AREN’T YOU TELLING US) so it fell off. Still a plan of mine, though!
– Talk with Ben about what we’re grateful for every day. Started this, then fell off the wagon. We are pretty good at communication, though, just sucked at the formal “What were you grateful for today” convos.
What didn’t happen …
Unfortunately April kind of fell off due to interviews (…) so I didn’t hit as many goals as I’d like to.
– Add cardio in. We cut my calories instead. Does walking more around Chicago count?
– Research hypothyroidism and ways to help. Totally forgot, honestly. They upped my medication and I’ve been feeling LOADS better, so just forgot!
– Work out a plan for how much I need to make/how many clients I need to be able to afford a sustainable lifestyle. Again, interviews took over my brain.
– Write down my “dream life” and read it every day. I need to do this!
– Work on finding sponsorships or opportunities for my blog. Seriously, why do I suck at this so bad! I’ve had a few companies reach out, but they want me to review their product that 1) I’ve never tried, 2) they aren’t providing to me AND 3) They aren’t paying me for. So, no.
– Try yoga and/or meditation. I mean, I’ve talked with Marette about taking a class. Does that count?
May 2017 Goals
Health & Fitness Goals:
– Find a new gym downtown. I won’t be needing my gym at my job in the suburbs anymore …
– Continue work on self-love. The talk of cellulite, stretch marks and being bloated needs to stop coming out of my mouth.
– Remember why I used to love working out and get back on that train. I’ve just been off recently. I’m still working out, but rarely “loving” it. I need to get that back because I do love it. It’s just been a stressful few months!
– Lose 3-5 lbs by June 1. Putting up the official numbers this time!
Business & Financial Goals:
– Start new job on May 15, final day at old job on May 10. WHAT!!!! Oh yes. Yo girl got a new job with a young start-up downtown that’s growing MASSIVELY and I’m so excited. I love their product and I’m excited to be their new Community Manager. I DID IT!!! (I’m writing this as I sit at my desk freaking out about having to tell my boss I’m leaving after only 3.5 months, though.)
– Start coaching with Amy again (we took a month off), regain focus on side hustle. Yes, I got a new job but I want to continue with moving toward a side hustle. While I’m not as desperate to make this full-time ASAP since I’m planning to enjoy my new job, I would still like to broaden my side hustle, make a little extra cash, and hopefully have location freedom in the future. This was my main focus for so long because I hated my current job (I would cry every Sunday, no joke) so now I can look at it as something I enjoy again, instead of something I have to run after like a crazy woman.
– Get settled at my new job, write a new day in the life post. So excited for this. 🙂
– Set aside money for upcoming fun things. Ben and I are planning on getting a dog (!!!!!!) and moving in together around September. I just want to try to start saving now. We’re also planning a trip to San Diego in early September if possible.
– Spend time in Green Bay with my sister and family. My sister graduates college in a few weeks and I’ll be spending some time there!
– Start cooking more with Ben. Ben and I have been trying Hello Fresh and it was so fun! We both tend to get in a rut with our “rice, meat, vegetables” meals and we rarely eat together except on weekends since we don’t live together. It’s been fun and we really enjoy it. Ben loves cooking – half the time I just sit there watching. Not bad. 😉
– Drink more water. I’ve been struggling with this SO much. I know I’ll struggle at the new job, so time to make that a goal!
– Go Spring shopping. I did get a few random things at H&M when Saige was in town, but Ben and I both need to get some summer clothes!
– Start writing love story with Ben. SERIOUSLY.
What are your goals this month?