Today starts the first of many (AKA 1.5 years worth) of wedding update blogs. There might not be one every single week, and then other weeks there might be a lot. I thought I was getting WAY ahead of myself for already planning stuff, but once I noticed the venue we love is already booked up for Saturdays in May and June in 2019, I’m glad I got started!
What we’ve done so far:
- Stared at my ring a lot
- Went to a few venues and have *pretty much* decided on this one
- Decided we’re going to get married on a Sunday to save costs
- Interviewed a BAZILLION wedding planners
and decided that’s my next career venture
- Interviewed a couple of photographers, but I’m pretty set on Ariele (who reached out via Instagram!)
- Started saving for the wedding
- Reached out to the required caterers and beverage providers for the venue we love
- Set up an account on The Knot
- Got an Engagement Starter Kit of sorts from my sister
- Decided on our bridesmaids and groomsmen (to be honest, we did this before we were engaged)
- Started buying stuff for my bridesmaid proposal boxes (plan to see those in mid-late February once I’ve finished and given to my girls!)
- Booked a space for our engagement party / my belated 30th birthday party for Feb. 17
- Created a Google sheet with our budget, guest lists (version 1 & 2), vendor research, etc.
What’s next on our agenda:
- Book the venue + set the date
- Find an engagement party dress
- Find engagement party decoration
- Figured out food for engagement party (okay, basically my focus is the party)
- Make decision if we will be hiring a wedding planner
- Continue to work on bridesmaid boxes – shoot to have them done by/before the engagement party
That’s it so far! What else would you like to know/see in these posts moving forward?