I love using the phrase “bits and bobs” – I blame it on watching a LOT of British YouTubers. 😍
If you saw last week’s post, I kind of filled you in on most of the stuff we finished. I didn’t get as much done this week because we’re kind of on a stand still until we get some $$ info figured out.
What we’ve done so far:
- Bought a few inexpensive chalkboards and a pen holder from the Target dollar section + a plastic container to hold it all (I’m assuming I’ll be picking up a few “bits and bobs” here in the next year and a half.
- Paid for engagement party room rental ($100)
- We made the decision that we will
probablynot be getting a wedding planner. 😩 While I’d love one, I have a background in events and I don’t really *need* it. And, quite honestly, The $2000+ on a wedding planner could be used on my dress or multiple other things. I may still hire one of my previous interns to do day of planning for me, just to take some of the stress off. If I had less experience, I would hands down hire one, but since one of my dreams is to plan weddings, why not start with my own?!
- Gotten TONS of recommendations and ideas from friends who are willing to borrow me things and/or gave ideas on ways we could cut costs
- Had a crying fit because I felt like Ben didn’t want to get married because he’s freaked out about $$ (lollll #happyengagement we’re good now)
- Bought “things” off Etsy for my bridesmaid boxes. Two girls’ boxes are themed one way, the other three are themed another based on their interests. I CAN’T WAIT TO DO THESE!!
- Started adding $$ to savings account for wedding budget
- Applied for credit card that we’ll pay for wedding expenses with (DON’T WORRY – we’ll be paying it off every month. Just want everything to be in one place.) It’s a pretty specialty card, though, so I still don’t know if I was accepted. 🤔
- Looked through Costco to see what we could purchase there for the engagement party
- Tried to figure out wedding colors. I’m leaning toward gold, green, white and maybe a pop of purple. Still haven’t decided if the bridesmaid dresses will be purple, though. That’s a lot of color for me!
- Asked our AMAZING friend Frank to get ordained and be our officiant!
- Made Facebook event + invited everyone to our engagement party
What’s next on our agenda:
- Get coffee with Amanda + check out the engagement party room this Saturday (we’re using the party room in her high rise – thanks, friend!)
- Book the ceremony/reception venue + set the date
- Find an engagement party dress
- Find engagement party decoration (will know more after Saturday coffee with Amanda) though I did get a “Yay” ballon 🤗
- Figure out food for engagement party
Anything you’d like to see more of during this journey? Do you like knowing the money side of things? Once I start getting into the thick of things, I’m hoping to do videos + more photos. We’re just in beginning stages.