Workout Wednesday #6

What a week! I worked almost 67 hours last week and 17 of that was between Saturday and Sunday. So even though I worked out A LOT, I still gained weight. Ugh. =/ Food still is my problem. But it’s very frustrating that I’m working so hard and seeing no benefit. It’s hard not to give up, you know?

PLUS I’m sick which I’m assuming is because I’ve been wearing myself too thin, but … I don’t really have a choice. Guess I’m staying home from work again? Thank God I get a ton of vacation time.

Sick Day

Workin’ on my fitness

Wednesday: 50-minute legs/butt
Thursday: Arms/shoulders/back
Friday: 45-minute spin class
Saturday: 40-minute walk
Sunday: OFF
Monday: 45-minutes legs/butt
Tuesday: 40-minutes arms/shoulders

All the foods

I got Qdoba this weekend after a long day at work that probably wasn’t necessary. Neither was the Dairy Queen. AND I went to Margaritas on Monday night with my friend. I did make myself food to bring with me to work and eat at home most days, but it still didn’t seem to work. Sooooo frustrated about all of this.

Margarita

Starting weight: 137.2
Current weight: 137.8 (+1 from last week)
Final goal weight: 125

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5

I apologize for the negativity of the post, I’m just feeling very discouraged. I’ve been working really hard, but seem to be ruining it for myself. In the moment, it’s so hard to say no to ice cream or a second margarita when you’re really craving one and I guess it’s just something I need to be better about. But at the same time, I want to be able to enjoy life and the things I eat. Constant struggle!

You’re allowed to be negative! I was sick last week and even though I felt better over the weekend I was a major grump. I’d focus on the things you are doing that are good, and keep boosting those up!
    Katie recently posted…July 2015 RecapMy Profile

Thanks, lady! I think you’re right. It’s easy to get down on myself sometimes, but I’ve just got to focus on the positives.

2. Gina says:

Muscle weighs more than fat. But you need that muscle to burn calories. Your workouts are worth it, and how you feel / your health is what’s most important. You’re not just a number on a scale 🙂

Feel better!
    Gina recently posted…An Ode to July and New ThingsMy Profile

You’re definitely right! I’ve always struggled with the scale and I need to stop basing my worth on it. While I really do want to lose weight, I want to be healthy and have muscle which I’m starting to get. I do need to clean up my eating in general, though, because I don’t feel awesome. Thanks for the positive reminder. 🙂

3. Mom says:

You need to get off the dang scale and look in the mirror at the beautiful young woman I see!
    Please check with your doctor next time there for what your ideal weight should be for you height & bone density
    Next time I’m visiting I want to go get a Margarita looks MMM!

I’ve done the doctor thing. I used to be overweight, but now I’m closer to “normal” but I still want to lose some to feel better. The margaritas are good!

Just skimming through the comments above, I hate it when people say muscle weighs more than fat! A pound is a pound. But I get what they mean. You definitely may not see drops in the scale if you’re gaining muscle, so really, you should stop focusing so much on weight. What if you don’t weigh yourself for a month and just go by how your clothes fit and how you feel? But, I definitely don’t feel right when my eating is off, so that’s understandable to feel shitty if you’ve been eating out a lot! I really think once you get used to the foods you make at home, you enjoy eating out a lot less. I used to HATE cooking and loved eating out, but when I ate almost 100% of my own food for months on end (5 months, to be exact), I really didn’t even WANT to eat out! And when I did, I didn’t really enjoy it anymore. Now I’ve been eating out again so I’ve started to enjoy it more, but I want to break that habit again. Anyway, this was long. Regardless of how you feel, you still look great!
    Liz recently posted…More Pregnancy WoesMy Profile

Thanks for the thoughtful comment, Liz! I like your idea of not weighing myself for a month, but I’m not sure if I can do it. Maybe I should try, though! And I like your idea about not eating out at all. I’m going to try to seriously cut it out unless I’m doing something with friends!

I absolutely hate the scale & rarely ever use the one we have at home. Ever since I started lifting & doing Body Pump, the number kept creeping up so it was pretty frustrating. However, I’m still wearing (most of) the same size clothes so that’s why I think the number on the scale is BS. I’m also with Liz as far as going out to eat– we’ve been cooking at home a LOT more & really don’t even think about going to a restaurant or picking up Chipotle. You just have to get into the habit of cooking more often! And meal prepping too! I have to prep on Sundays for my work lunches otherwise I’d probably end up at Jimmy Johns. Anywho, I think it’s okay to have a bad day (or bad couple days) as long you can get back on track again! Hopefully the sickness goes away too because that definitely doesn’t help.

Yeah cooking at home is definitely something I need to work on. I enjoy going out to eat and hate cooking for just myself, so that’s why I tend to fall into the trap!